cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 11 of 25

Customer Service...then nightmare continues.

Go to solution

Just when I thought BT have got the message...after 3 months of working perfectly my BT TV BOX fails and I call BT to report it. I`m told it is a landline problem..an engineer visits and says there is nothing wrong with my landline it is the box so I should book an engineer to fix it.I go on line and book an engineer who will visit on Friday 14th with a new box.

On Saturday evening I get a phone call from Matt-S  who   claims that he has tested my broadband and there is an issue with the speed ...too low to support BTTV even with a new box.

Then fact remains that I have a contract with BT..I am fulfilling my part of the contract by paying them via Direct Debit but BT are not supplying me with the service I am paying for. 

I now have a message from BT saying that they are sorry I have a problem and that they are working on it.

You could n`t make it up..I have a contract with BT but it seems that there are 3 different companies  one for the landline,one for broadband and another for the TV BOX ..and they can`t communicate with each other ...I have to do it or someone from the BT Community has to give me DIY tips!?

I`ve been a BT customer since 1971 for my land line and the mid eighties for broadband.and happen to be a retired professional [graduate and senior management].

How long before someone at BT gets the message..I would like my BT TV Service restored otherwise I will have to cancel my Direct Debit and think twice about renewing my annual line rental payment in September.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 12 of 25

Re: Customer Service.

Go to solution
See my latest post..Customer Service..the nightmare continues!
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 13 of 25

Re: Customer Service...then nightmare continues.

Go to solution
The Nightmare continues..just had my TV Licence Fee renewal notice[I pay quarterly] .Suddenly it no longer matters that I won`t be getting a free TV licence on my next birthday!! £162.50 is a bargain for BBC
and Freeview channels compared with £60-00 per month to BT TV for no service!!
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 14 of 25

Go to solution

Good morning @Filosopher,

I'm sorry that you remain unhappy.

As you may already be aware the extra BTTV channels are provided over the internet. This means that if the broadband connection is experiencing problems then this will cause a knock-on effect with the BTTV. Replacing the BTTV box won't fix the issue if the route cause is the broadband connection. Your broadband connection is running slow and dropping a number of times each day. 

When I tested your connection I picked up two possible cause for the broadband fault, one being that the hub was connected to an extension socket. I'm sorry that you're unhappy with me asking you to check that the hub was connected to the master socket. The other possible cause of the fault is an issue at one of the copper joints on your line which we would need to book an engineer to check once you have checked that your hub is connected to the master socket. I'm only asking you to check the socket as it could avoid a £85 engineer charge being raise if the engineer was to find the hub was connected to an extension socket. 

I understand that you don't want my help but if you change your mind please let me know and I will be happy to help. I am confident that I will be able to get this issue resolved for you.

Thanks

Matt

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 15 of 25

Go to solution

@Filosopher  just reading back on this & you mentiion not getting VIP & watching/listening to freeview things. You are aware you can access bt sport via online/bt sport app & now tv content via online/now tv app as well while the fault is ongoing?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 16 of 25

Go to solution
Thanks Gary,I can watch BT TV Sports Channels on the app on my ipad but not the VIP sports,films and entertainment channels. BT have my Now TV account and when I choose NOW TV on my TV I`m being asked to pay for channels I`ve already paid for.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 17 of 25

Go to solution

Yes your account is with BT but as part of the process when signing up you should have received an email to set up your password so you can log into the app & watch now rv content that way as well

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 18 of 25

Go to solution
Hello Matt,my Hub is connected to the main socket and my telephone is connected to the other socket next to the TV [installed when I moved in to facilitate Sky!]. The Box is a problem ..it will not stay on stand by and the box and adaptor both get very hot if I leave them switched on...the last thing I need is a fire!! I WILL PAY BT TO FIX THIS PROBLEM..do they want my custom? My medical conditions dictate that I should not be crawling around the floor and bending etc..
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 19 of 25

Go to solution
Thanks Gary,looks like I`m soon to be a former BT customer,no need to reply,
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 20 of 25

Go to solution

@Filosopher,

I'm happy for the BTTV engineer to go out on Friday to check the box to make sure it's safe. We will still need to book a broadband engineer to fix the route cause of the issue. I'm going to send you a private message so that we can arrange a broadband engineer.

Thanks

Matt