Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Eeyorepace
Beginner
Message 1 of 6

DTR-1000 no longer sees internet but does connect to router

Go to solution

A couple of days ago my youview box stopped working for iPlayer & ITV Hub.

Yesterday it stopped working for any streaming service and was not connecting to the internet.

This morning I did a factory reset (keeping recordings) but now box will not get past the set up screens as it connects to the router (BT Home Hub 5) but fails to connect to the internet.

I know my router is working OK as all other devices (wi-fi & wired) all work OK and I have tested the wire going to the youview box with my laptop - there is definately present.

I have reset the router numberous times but to no avail.

The box seems not to react at all if I try to do a 'Manual Connect' I can change the IP etc. numbers but pressing connect does not do anything. All numbers for IP & DNS etc. seem normal and correct to me anyway.

I have used every option in the maintenance mode EXCEPT those that delete recordings.

If I delete recordings will that help? I am loath do lose my recordings unless I really really have to. Smiley Sad

Any advice very welcomed.

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: DTR-1000 no longer sees internet but does connect to router

Go to solution

Hi @Eeyorepace and welcome.

Are you connected using powerline adaptors? If so can you try connecting directly to the hub using ethernet?

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Eeyorepace
Beginner
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution

Thanks for coming back about my problem David.

No I don't use powerline connectors, I have a wired connection (not just a long wire) from router in the hall to TV/Youview box in living room. 

The connection is working perfectly as I can use the internet on my laptop if I unplug it from the Youview box and plug into laptop (turning off laptop wi-fi of course).

Since my original post I have used maintenance mode to do an 'Internet/USB recovery - delete recordings' with no improvement. Strangely the box appears to download the 'recovery data' it needs from the internet but still does not 'see' it when trying to do set up.

Any more suggestions welcomed.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

@Eeyorepace Please use the 'click here to contact the mods' link in my forum profile to send in your details and we'll get this looked at further. You can find the link by clicking on my username.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Eeyorepace
Beginner
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

Thanks Neil, just done.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

Hi @Eeyorepace,

Thanks for taking my call today. I'm glad I was able to clear this up for you. Post back if you have any other problems and we'll be happy to help.

All the best

David

0 Ratings