cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TractorGirl327
Contributor
Message 1 of 10

DTR-T2100 stopped scheduled recordings

We've got a DTR-T2100 box which has been fine up until yesterday when I noticed that it had not recorded any programs over the weekend.

The scheduled recordings list says 'no scheduled recordings' even though, according to the TV Guide, the recordings are set.  Additionally, if I try to record a new program, the red 'R' shows up on the TV Guide but again it doesn't show up in scheduled recordings and doesn't record.  I can record the program I'm watching, and the pause live TV facility works.

I've tried rebooting it by holding down the standby button for 8 seconds, but this didn't work.

BT help on Twitter told me to do a factory reset, but I don't really want to do this because I've got lots of recordings that I have yet to watch and I understand these would be deleted with a factory reset.

Can anyone suggest anything else to try before the final result of factory reset?

Any help would be appreciated, thank you
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
TractorGirl327

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Ratings
9 REPLIES
PEMforumReg
Contributor
Message 2 of 10

Re: DTR-T2100 stopped scheduled recordings

HI

In the maintenance mode, I believe there is an option to reset, but maintain recorded programmes

Have a look here

https://community.bt.com/t5/YouView-Boxes/maintenance-mode-reset/m-p/1224739#M10987

About halfway down is the step by step guide on how to access the menu

BT TV Expert
BT TV Expert
Message 3 of 10

Hi @TractorGirl327

Please try advice from PEMForumReg. If that does not resolve please send me your telephone number via a PM and I can take a look for you.

Thank you.

BT TV ExpertGemma_P
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the thumbs up next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
I am a BT Employee and an expert on TV queries. I am here volunteering my own time to give advice, and help where I can with BTTV queries. Go here for more info.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
TractorGirl327
Contributor
Message 4 of 10

That worked perfectly, thank you!!!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
TractorGirl327

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Ratings
TractorGirl327
Contributor
Message 5 of 10

Thank you! It worked
TractorGirl327

0 Ratings
TractorGirl327
Contributor
Message 6 of 10

Gad, it's doing it again .... nothing showing in Scheduled recording, but red R showing on the TV guide, sometimes it records the programme, sometimes it doesn't!

Will try the reboot again .....

TractorGirl327

0 Ratings
Telecom89
Recognised Expert
Message 7 of 10

@TractorGirl327 wrote:

Gad, it's doing it again .... nothing showing in Scheduled recording, but red R showing on the TV guide, sometimes it records the programme, sometimes it doesn't!

Will try the reboot again .....

You could try rescanning channels to see if that helps..

0 Ratings
Telecom89
Recognised Expert
Message 8 of 10

Btw - is it possible you are seeing the following in the guide - a red 'R' but with a small tick next to it - indicating that this is a programme you have previously recorded and is in your recorded programme list?
0 Ratings
PEMforumReg
Contributor
Message 9 of 10

Hi

Is there any consistency regarding which channels fail to record? 

I had a similar situation when I first got the box, recordings simply didnt happen reliably on some channels.  It turned out the box was selecting the weaker version of the channel.  IE, if I could get ITV from two transmitters, it was locking onto the weaker one, which didnt prove reliable as a recording source

0 Ratings
larryM
Message 10 of 10

Hi I was wondering if the Automatic standby cutoff time stops the box recording a programme that is longer than the cutoff time selected

@TractorGirl327 wrote:

We've got a DTR-T2100 box which has been fine up until yesterday when I noticed that it had not recorded any programs over the weekend.

The scheduled recordings list says 'no scheduled recordings' even though, according to the TV Guide, the recordings are set.  Additionally, if I try to record a new program, the red 'R' shows up on the TV Guide but again it doesn't show up in scheduled recordings and doesn't record.  I can record the program I'm watching, and the pause live TV facility works.

I've tried rebooting it by holding down the standby button for 8 seconds, but this didn't work.

BT help on Twitter told me to do a factory reset, but I don't really want to do this because I've got lots of recordings that I have yet to watch and I understand these would be deleted with a factory reset.

Can anyone suggest anything else to try before the final result of factory reset?

Any help would be appreciated, thank you

0 Ratings