cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Stevetuc
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 5

DTR T2110 remote unresponsive due to interference from Panasonic Plasma TV - hardware needs updating

Youview boxes seem to suffer from interference from Plasma TVs, such that the remote control is unresponsive- I experienced this with the TalkTalk DN370T , and the cure with the DN372T. I recently moved to BT and got an unwelcome surprise- the Humax BT badged DTR T2110 has the same problem - unresponsive remote that is cured with white paper over the sensor. Does anyone know it BT are aware of this issue? Otherwise a fault log will result in them swapping the box. For another with same issue. .it really needs updated hardware.
0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
rarmitage124
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 5

Re: DTR T2110 remote unresponsive due to interference from Panasonic Plasma TV - hardware needs upda

So the problem being that the Youview remote wont work because of the plasma TV?

If so have you tried doing all that suggested here:

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/14219/~/my-bt-tv-remote-control-isnt-working

If my post has been useful, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.

If I have answered your question correctly please let me know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution' Thanks
0 Ratings
Stevetuc
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 5

Re: DTR T2110 remote unresponsive due to interference from Panasonic Plasma TV - hardware needs upda

Yes. I tried with and without energy saving mode. Energy saving lights are not the problem and I don't have an option of repositioning the TV

Turning TVs brightness to 0 did help the DTR2100 to respond better , but unfortunately I can't see the picture.

Placing a sheet of paper over the front panel helps but is not a long term option, as it doesn't blend well with the decor.

A better option is that BT admit there is a problem and update the box design..

There is another thread on here entitled Youview Remote Control incompatibility that clearly shows I am not the only Plasma owner seeing these issues.

0 Ratings
robert1997
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 5

I refuse to follow one piece of stupid advice on that 'solutions' thread. I've had my tv calibrated, why would anyone mess up their picture settings and ruin their optimised picture because BT laughingly give that as a so called solution. That's not a sensible solution for any one serious about their televisions visual performance. 

Stevetuc
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 5

Well said@robert1997!
0 Ratings