cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
alldar
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 31

DTR-T4000

My DTR-T4000 YouView box has recently started to cut out (picture and sound is lost) and then they both come back a few minutes later. However, the blue light remains on, the box does not reset, and it cuts out no matter what you are watching. When I was watching the iPlayer, the programme picture and sound came back with the iPlayer still running. (i.e. the programme had continued to run without picture or sound).... Seems like an hdmi signal cut out, with something possibly overheating......does anyone have any possible solutions / things to check out? (I have the latest software versions)

0 Ratings
30 REPLIES 30
Toffee79
Beginner
Message 2 of 31

Re: DTR-T4000

Having the same issue with the same model box. Only started happening over the last few days but is happening pretty regularly, approx every 15 minutes. Only difference is mine only cuts out for 2-3 seconds, blank screen, no sound. Still very frustrating. Tried hard reset, tried retuning channels, but no improvement. Very frustrating.

0 Ratings
alldar
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 31

I also tried hard reset , still happening but mine last 2-5 mins. Only thing going through my mind is that the software was updated relatively recently (I now have latest software)...but don’t know when this was updated..?
0 Ratings
Brian_M
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 31

I have the same problem.

1. Lasts about 20 mins, then will lose both sound and picture for between 30 secs and 2 mins or so.
  2. Then frequently loses sound and picture again
  3. As another post says, feels like an HDMI issue

(I have latest firmware)

0 Ratings
Brian_M
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 31

Does anyone from BT actually follow this forum?
0 Ratings
alldar
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 31

Not sure, you would hope so though.

......I still think it’s an hdmi problem....so when I have time, I’m currently checking out hdmi cables / switches etc., to either rule them out or find the cause.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 7 of 31

It is a community forum so  so not every post will be read by BT people particularly as in the early stages other community members may be able to give advice.

As some posters believe it may be a HDMI issue , it might be beneficial to say what TV is being used.

Also is it possible any other devices  or switches are connected to the TV which might be switching the HDMI input to the TV ?

robotman1
Contributor
Message 8 of 31

To the guys above, @zulu17 has mentioned the possibility of the tv switching from hdmi to tv input mode when these black screens occur. Is this what is happening or does your tv stay on the hdmi input your BT box is on and not change to the 'normal' tv picture?

0 Ratings
alldar
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 31

..The tv stays in hdmi mode..........when I tried changing hdmi cables this didn’t bring picture/sound back. Tried turning my switch off and on again, didn’t bring picture / sound back. Tried unplugging BT Box, this brought picture / sound back......but the time it took to come back from this, I still can’t rule out the switch. I have to wait for it to cut out again so that I can check things further.

Brian_M
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 31

For me, this is not to do with "other equipment".
I have a new AMP, with HDMI passthrough, and this does exactly the same thing as my previous AMP (loses picture and sound) then recovers).
No other equipment is involved.
However, I will experiment with non-ARC HDMI ports, as I am deeply concerned that the ARC protocol is properly implemented on all equipment.

I have a Yamaha RX-V581 amp and a Panasonic TX-49FX550B TV