cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JC_Derby
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 4

DTR4000 cannot change volume control via Remote

So my newish box always had low volume output and i had to crank up the volume on the tv (now resolved by changing the volume settings on the box from stereo to surround and back again). However i have never been able to change the volume of the set top box using the remote control. I press the up and down volume buttons and mute and nothing...(however they do work when the remote is linked to the tv) consequently still using the tv remote for that.

seperate issues:

The BT remote will not turn the tv off even when linked (by following this thread)-

https://community.bt.com/t5/YouView-from-BT/Can-t-get-my-you-view-remote-to-operate-my-panasonic-tel...

I get to step 3 on that list and the tv wont turn off... ( how long should i be waiting for - surely more than a few minutes is excessive)

My Tv is a Panasonic and i can get the remote to control the volume on the tv - but then couldnt turn off the set top box, which i assume is a very straight forward oversight by me - but if i cant get it to turn the tv off im still going to be stuck with the same two remotes issue...#firstworldproblems

sorry if thats written poorly

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
TimCurtis
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 4

Re: DTR4000 cannot change volume control via Remote

@JC_Derby 

I've never had any problems linking to my Panasonic TVs using code 3846.

This link is the one to use I think over on the Youview forum. Bit of a long read but should solve it for you.

As for the Youview's volume I always set it to 100% using the AD button & then upping it with the volume button.

0 Ratings
JC_Derby
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 4

Thanks for the reply....The remote doesn't turn the set top box volume up when i press the volume buttons on their own....should it do? and how do i find what the volume is set at i looked though the menus but didn't see anything immediately obvious - there isn't anything in the settings menu apart from the Surround/stereo setting. 

my issue when i had linked the remote to the tv was that even during that setup period, it wouldn't turn the tv off - how long do you have to wait before it confirms its found the tv....i sat for about 5 minutes with it flashing

0 Ratings
TimCurtis
Recognised Expert
Message 4 of 4

@JC_Derby 

The volume button on the Youview remote when pressed on it's own is supposed to control the TV volume when the remote has been linked successfully to the TV.

To increase the volume of the Youview box output you have to hold the AD button and press the volume button as I stated previously.

I've just taken a spare remote that I have & reset it completely by holding down the AD,Delete Sub & BT Player buttons together until the blue light flashes 3 times. I think you should do this every time after a failure.

So starting from scratch you do the following:-

1. Hold down the TVoff & TV AV buttons together until the blue light flashes 3 times & goes to qa steady light.

2. Enter the code 3846 and wait until the blue light flashes 3 times .

3. Point thge remote at the TV and hold down the TV off button until the TV turns off. This took a few seconds for me just now.

4. Release the TV off button and the press it again to turn the TV back on and it should now turn on so try the volume buttoms & the TV Av button.

5. If all the above works just press the OK button.

This is exactly according to the BT Youview manual I have and worked for me just now on my Panasonic.

0 Ratings