Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 4

DTRT2100 keeps asking for a rescan

Go to solution

as far as I can see my box is up to date. 
comp: 3.6.128

man: 32.35.0

platform: 4641

On Wednesday a message appeared when I switched on at 6am stating I need to retune my box. This was required all across the Durham area. This is unusual because when these retunes are required I find it’s normally been retuned automagically.  
Anyway every time the box is turned on after a long period such as overnight or when I’ve been at work then message appears again. The box works ok otherwise. 
anyone else??

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 4

Re: DTRT2100 keeps asking for a rescan

Go to solution

See

https://support.youview.com/youview-box/channels/bilsdale-chatton-fenham-idle-olivers-mount-and-pont...

It will be the Freeview channel transmissions that are changing  hence the retune request.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 4

Go to solution

Hi

Yes I realise that. The retune was 00:20 Wednesday 13 November 2019. My older neighbours get messages on their TVs and let me know so i can plan when i am going to retune their TVs for them.

My BT box normally retunes automatically, however i still have to visit two neighbours and manually do their TVs.

Problem is i retuned at around 0600 on 13 Nov 2019. When i came home in the evening, i got the message again. This message is from the box (same font and look as the rest of the menus and has a retune option) and not one of those info messages broadcast by the transmitters.

I also got the message 0600 on Thursday 14 Nov 2019 and again after coming home from work the same day. By which point i had retuned several times.

This morning no message.

Just wondered if it was a bug causing the message to appear over and over... Hopefully it's stopped now.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution
The message appeared again on Friday 15 Nov AM and then not seen since.
0 Ratings