cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Margaret2
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 21

Data

Hi ive got a tv box upstairs that i can get channels but no data.the data works downstairs can anyone help me please

0 Ratings
20 REPLIES 20
TimCurtis
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 21

Re: Data

By data do you mean the BT internet channels or catchup or something else as your precise meaning isn't clear?

0 Ratings
Margaret2
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 21

Yes i cannot watch catchup or anything to do with the internet but it all works downstairs
0 Ratings
TimCurtis
Recognised Expert
Message 4 of 21

So upstairs you've got a Youview box & TV .

But do you have any internet connection like you have for the box downstairs? I'm guessing that for the upstairs Youview box you've got only the power supply, TV aerial (possibly an in & out) & HDMI/Scart cable feeding the TV & nothing else.

0 Ratings
Margaret2
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 21

Yes thats what i have got and upstairs ive got a mini connector
0 Ratings
TimCurtis
Recognised Expert
Message 6 of 21

The way it should work is that you have a mini connector , which I'm hoping is actually a Powerline Adapter , connected to the Youview box & then 1 downstairs connected to your HomeHub. Between them they should give you internet - catchup - access.

Those connectors don't work well on extension leads/sockets btw.

0 Ratings
Margaret2
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 21

Its not plug into an extension lead it on the main plug on the wall
0 Ratings
TimCurtis
Recognised Expert
Message 8 of 21

Some questions:-

Has it ever worked?

Are  mini-connectors connected by ethernet cable to (a) the Youview box & (b) the Homehub?

Are the lights on both mini-connectors all showing correctly? If not they might just need pairing, which should be just a case of pressing a button on each.

0 Ratings
Margaret2
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 21

First time ive had bt .downstairs the ethernet cable is connected to the hub and all lights are on the mini connectors , upstairs the ethernet cable comes from the mini connector to the youview box and only 1 light on
0 Ratings
TimCurtis
Recognised Expert
Message 10 of 21

That's the problem then.

I don't have mini connectors but I think you should have 3 lights on, and the only 1 you've on is the power light.

You should have some instructions for resetting them but this is what I think you should do.

Firstly just turn it off & then back on. If it comes back with only the power light after , say a minute , then do a full reset.

There's a button on the left side with a "+" & says "Add", hold this for more than 15 seconds & then release. After a minute or two it should be back working.

0 Ratings