cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 21 of 28

Re: Didn't get 4K box with Big Sport package?

@-PaddyB-wrote:

Really strange. You'd think if that was the case, the 'Upgrade' page of My BT would be packed with claims of how I could be watching 4K if I just increased my Broadband package to a slightly quicker one. Instead, I can't for the life of me find anything about accessing 4K when I go out of my way to try. And like you say, no idea how I accessed the channel first time then, as my internet has remained the same.

Did you look at the link I posted, it refers specifically to BT Sport Ultimate

0 Ratings
-PaddyB-
Contributor
Message 22 of 28

I did yes, sorry I meant in terms of being unable to find mention of 4K when it comes to making add-ons to my package etc. 

0 Ratings
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 23 of 28

With your guaranteed minimum being 41, I'm guessing your actually getting more than the recommended 44 which puts you in a bit of a grey area. That's why I say that I think your best bet is intervention from a mod

0 Ratings
-PaddyB-
Contributor
Message 24 of 28

Okay, hopefully a mod sees this at some point. Thanks for your help anyway.

Matt-S
Moderator-Retired
Message 25 of 28

Hi @-PaddyB-,

Welcome back to the Community and thanks for taking the time to post.

Sorry to hear about the problems you are having with your BTTV service.

My understanding is that a customer's speeds must be above 44mbps at the time when the box is first connected as it syncs with our systems at that point and will only activate 4K if speeds are over 44mbps. We can take a look into this one for you to see what's going on, I have sent you a private message.

Thanks

Matt

0 Ratings
-PaddyB-
Contributor
Message 26 of 28

Hi @Matt-S , I replied to the PM on Friday, just wondering if it has been received? It's no problem if it has and is just waiting to be looked at, but thought I'd best check it hasn't been overlooked as I've had no response/acknowledgement. Thanks.

0 Ratings
Matt-S
Moderator-Retired
Message 27 of 28

Hi @-PaddyB-,

Sorry about the delay in getting back to you, I was out of the office yesterday. 

I have checked our queue and your case is about 3 from the top so should be picked up within the next 24 hours.

Thanks

Matt

0 Ratings
-PaddyB-
Contributor
Message 28 of 28

Okay, thanks very much. I'm sure there's many more pressing issues than mine so there's no rush, I just saw the usual reply time was 72 hours so was just checking mine hadn't gone amiss. Thanks again 🙂

0 Ratings