cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
V_Meldrew
Expert
Message 31 of 40

Re: Disappointed new user

It's true that BT are good at replacing faulty equipment free of charge to those on contract, the problem is with the quality and reliability of some of their products, I got my first Smarthub a little over a year ago and I'm now on my third. OK not a big problem in the long run of things, but very frustrating at the point of failure.

0 Ratings
srpsrp
Expert
Message 32 of 40

hmm I'm on my third one, I kept the second from last one and managed to fix it by reseating the WiFI card in it so had a spare ( not sure it's compatible with infinity/BTTV now though ) The current one must be 5 years old and no problems.

0 Ratings
V_Meldrew
Expert
Message 33 of 40

3rd time lucky then, I'll keep my fingers crossed for the next 5 years . Smiley LOL

0 Ratings
srpsrp
Expert
Message 34 of 40

@V_Meldrew wrote:

3rd time lucky then, I'll keep my fingers crossed for the next 5 years . Smiley LOL

I like the flashing lights on the Openreach Modem too, no idea what they mean though :-)

0 Ratings
V_Meldrew
Expert
Message 35 of 40

@srpsrp wrote:
 I like the flashing lights on the Openreach Modem too, no idea what they mean though :-)

Ah, now I remember why I put that strip of insulation tape across the front of mine. Smiley Wink

0 Ratings
ney
Expert
Message 36 of 40

BT upgraded me from the Home Hub 3 to the Home Hub 4 for free nearly 7 weeks ago only after 2 or 3 complains about wifi problems in the house. They gave me the Home Hub 4 as I still using the old white Openreach modem. Wifi has been mostly fine since moving to the Home hub 4. Only had wifi speed drop one evening since getting the Home Hub 4 but so far no wifi drop outs unlike what I was getting once in a while for a good few months before BT decided to upgrade me from the Home Hub 3 to the Home Hub 4.

I have always been 97%/98% happy with the BT service but there customer help via phone could be doing with being improved more in my option.

The BT Community Forums and online chat seem far better than phoning customer help service but once in a while you have no choice but to phone customer help service.

Darren

0 Ratings
V_Meldrew
Expert
Message 37 of 40

I think it depends on how lucky you are, the Indian call centers appear to be staffed by contractors who don't come across as very knowledgeable have no access to account info, all of which renders them pretty useless. On the other hand Ive usually found those based in the UK to be pretty good. If only I could work out the best time to call in order to get through to them every time I'd be happy.
0 Ratings
wwwebber
Contributor
Message 38 of 40

Would be interesting to know why the OP needs to use a non BT router and also why this case remains unresolved.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
V_Meldrew
Expert
Message 39 of 40

It would be nice to know if his problems are now sorted but at the end of the day this is a help forum and if we have helped to resolve his issues then we've achieved our goal. As my old Granny used to saySmiley Wink, no news is good news.

0 Ratings
MJH62
Aspiring Expert
Message 40 of 40

I don’t think he necessarily needs to but prefers to. I don’t blame him either as I have a largely rock solid connection and excellent Wi-fi coverage from my Tp-link router, something I’ve never got whenver I’ve used the BT hubs sent to me.
0 Ratings