cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

Disappointed with my BT TV Pro box

So I've had the BT TV Pro box for 6 weeks.

So am I satisfied? Sort of. The BT box is very "tight" on recording times and frequently (too frequently in my honest view) cuts off before the end of the programme. Typically this happens on BBC news, but also on lots of channels. This really irritates me so I looked for an alternative and managed to buy a Freesat recordable box and set that up too.

This is hugely better and as a result I have switched entirely to this box. I still have the Netflix subscription from the BT deal, and the box it there as a standby unit, but I'll not be renewing this deal when my 2 years are up with BT.  Fortunately I managed to get the £6 a month for 2 years deal, but to be honest I'd be happy to cancel it and send the box back if I could.

Graham
0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: Disappointed with my BT TV Pro box

Out of interest are you using the Internet Multicast non-aerial method to recieve channels?

Only reason I ask is there have been comments on the board that the Freeview "EIT" signals that allow a STB to extend recording times are not currently being passed via streaming method but they are working on resolving it.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 3

Re: Disappointed with my BT TV Pro box

@grajaywrote:

...Fortunately, I managed to get the £6 a month for 2 years deal, but to be honest I'd be happy to cancel it and send the box back if I could.

You only had 14 days to do that, but if you are going to use Netflix anyway you can stick the BT box in a cupboard for emergencies or to see if it gets updates that solve your issues in future and carry on with the subscription.

The expectation now that ITV2, 3, 4 HD are free to air is that they will also be added to Freesat as it has the bandwidth to deliver them that standard Freeview does not.

If that happens and with regional news also due soon, it narrows the gap between the range of IP delivered channels by BT in HD and Freesat. 

————————————————————-
BT Smart Hub 2 | Halo 3+ | Digital Voice | Sky Q | Apple TV 4K | LG OLED