cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Disappointment in TV Service

I joined BT yesterday for TV Phone and Broadband. When I signed up it said I would get TV Unlimited basic SKY Channels and this is what me got signed up the service. Once activated I couldn't find it, So phoned customer service and was told I had to have the infinity "which I can't get" and was basically told I was mistaken? But I tried placing an order online again for my area and low and behold it offers me it on the basic broadband. Not amused. So had a go of the TV service there nothing there its all on Box office which you have to pay per view. So I want to cancel the TV package not paying £12 per month for a load of rubbish rather pay Lovefilm or Netflix get more choice. How do I do this never been so disappointed what a let down 😞 

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
MartinH
Expert
Message 2 of 4

Re: Disappointment in TV Service

@davabirkenhead1 wrote:

I joined BT yesterday for TV Phone and Broadband. When I signed up it said I would get TV Unlimited basic SKY Channels and this is what me got signed up the service. Once activated I couldn't find it, So phoned customer service and was told I had to have the infinity "which I can't get" and was basically told I was mistaken? But I tried placing an order online again for my area and low and behold it offers me it on the basic broadband. Not amused. So had a go of the TV service there nothing there its all on Box office which you have to pay per view. So I want to cancel the TV package not paying £12 per month for a load of rubbish rather pay Lovefilm or Netflix get more choice. How do I do this never been so disappointed what a let down 😞 

BT doesn't offer any Sky basics channels and never has so I'd be surprised if any CS rep would have claimed otherwise. BT's CS is bad, but it's not that bad.

If you have a YouView box and are paying £12.50 per month then you're paying for unlimited access to the On Demand content (other than Box Office films) found in the BT Vision Player accessible from the BT icon in the main menu. 

As for cancelling, this is a user to user forum. If you want to cancel you'll need to phone BT.

0 Ratings
Icaras
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 4

Doesn't look like Infinity will ever come to Birkenhead without funding from Wirral Council. There's just not enough residential customers on the exchange, loads if businesses and not enough houses. That's what I think anyway.

I'd be very surprised if a BT employee told you you'd get Sky channels. Ask to speak to a manager and say you want to listen to the phone call.
0 Ratings
Community Manager
Community Manager
Message 4 of 4

Hi Davabirkenhead1,

Welcome to the forum.  Sorry for any confusion caused.

Can you provide the link that you used to place this order?  When you refer to Sky channels, what exactly where you expecting?  MartinH is correct we don't offer Sky channels but we do offer premium channels over Fibre which is what I think you may have seen.  There are a list of channels on this link BT TV 

Are the channels on that link above, the channels you where hoping to get?  I would be interested in looking into this for you as the extra channels are run over our fibre broadband so if you cant get Infinity then the online order journey should have not allowed you to place an order.

Cheers

Sean

Community ManagerSeanD
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings