cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 23

Discovery Channel

I currently have the Big Sport package with the Now Entertainment Addon and also the HD Addon. I have been trying to watch the Discovery Channel and it keeps asking me to upgrade my package to the VIP Package.

On the BT website it is showing on the Now Entertainment Addon that it comes with the discovery channel so why is it not working.  Also it won't allow me to watch it via the BT TV App also

0 Ratings
22 REPLIES 22
Message 2 of 23

Re: Discovery Channel

The Discovery channel isn't included in the Big Sport package. (I'm the same as yourself - Big Sport + NOW entertainment add-on).

https://www.bt.com/tv/entertainment/discovery-eurosport-announcement 

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 23

It shows the discovery channel logo when you click on see channels in the my bt account option. I currently trying to speak to them about it.

Is the channel working in the BT TV App

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 23

Yes, I see what you're talking about now. I suspect it's a mistake in See channels but I hope I'm wrong!

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 23

Are you getting the same message when trying to watch it on the BT TV App it is saying you need to upgrade the package. I am trying to get to speak to someone at BT

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 23

Yes. A need to upgrade to VIP message when trying to watch through the EPG and Pro box.  A need to upgrade your package message when trying to watch through the BT TV app. Good luck!

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 23

I spoken to someone at BT and they have said that I won't have to upgrade my package . I have to call them again tomorrow because they said they will do a software update on my box and restart my box. They couldn't do it when I was speaking to them as I was not at home 

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 23

Good on you for spotting this. Please do update once you get the update and are watching Discovery.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 23

And I would double check with BT that its not a Factory reset they will do which will delete all your recordings.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 23

Unfortunately I suspect there is no magic software update to resolve this and support is just following one of several messages that seem to appear when attempting to setup the Discovery channel on a package where it it is not included. 

0 Ratings