Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gareth_ezy
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 13

Discovery Channels on BT TV

Hello All!

I read today that viewers of the Discovery Channels on the Sky Platform including Discovery,Animal Planet, TLC, Eurosport etc are more than likely going to disapear.

Now before anyone says anything I am fully aware that Sky and BT are seperate companies but my question is have BT reached an agreement on price so are these channels on BT TV likely to disapear soon? Or are we safe on our platform? I am glad I left sky when I did about 4 months ago as I watch a LOT of the Discovery channels! Thanks to Eurosport I have been able to watch the Australian open! All for a fraction of the price of what Sky charge!

0 Ratings
12 REPLIES 12
yellowandgreen
Contributor
Message 2 of 13

Re: Discovery Channels on BT TV

As far as I know BT have a long term contract with Discovery so no need to worry. It should see a few more customers migrate over to the BT platform. Hope BT can get customer services up to speed. As also being x Sky that is one area they beat BT by a long way.
0 Ratings
scointer
Recognised Expert
Message 3 of 13

Rumour is that BT have a long term contract that carries on for another 3 years

0 Ratings
victormildrew
Contributor
Message 4 of 13

discovery Channels

Hi.

Watching Discovery ID channel this evening a message scrolled across the screen saying that from February 1st we will no longer be able to watch Discovery Channels, I believe it to be something to do with Sky, will this effect the Discovery channels on BTTV?.

Thank You.

Victormildrew.

0 Ratings
DazzaS83
Contributor
Message 5 of 13

I'm waiting for the other discovery channels to appear on bttv such as discovery history, dmax, home & health and discovery shed. I wonder if three of these will appear from wednesday on the 3 available channels immediately after discovery turbo
0 Ratings
Colin_London
Recognised Expert
Message 6 of 13

Re: discovery Channels

• Victoemildrew The switch-off will affect Sky only. Discovery should be more precise with their on screen captions!
0 Ratings
gareth_ezy
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 13

Thanks all! and @DazzaS83 i hope that these may also appear on the EPG soon, as I do miss these chaneels when I moved from Sky. Glad I left Sky when I did!

0 Ratings
MikeDance
Message 8 of 13

Sorry to break into someones thread, but I'm most likely going to move from Sky after watching my fortitude season 2 as we won't get Sky Atlantic.

Does Discovery channels on BT have subtitles?

0 Ratings
srpsrp
Expert
Message 9 of 13

I must admit i've been really enjoying this whole debacle on twitter/ facebook etc etc. 

Even if Sky spend all that money on their own Docs. (unlikely) there will be major fall out in the short term.

Thumbs up for BT and no I don't miss $ky, all these people are saying they only watch Discovery on their £40+ a month Sky... madness.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
DazzaS83
Contributor
Message 10 of 13

Somebody said on a different forumum they heard a whisper than nationall geographic will drop bt at end of contract cost of who owns them. Hope it's not true cos it is a better channel at times than the main discovery chanel
0 Ratings