cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ScottSilver
Contributor
Message 1 of 9

Discovery HD sound dropping

After watching the channel for an hour or so, the sound will drop out for a split second several times a minute. Am I the only one getting this problem?

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Re: Discovery HD sound dropping

Hi ScottSilver,

Are you connecting via SCART or HDMi? If it's SCART can you try HDMi or vice-versa.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Highlighted
ScottSilver
Contributor
Message 3 of 9

HDMI. Unfortunately, I do not own the relic which is "SCART" (ha). I am guessing it might be a problem with the broadcast yesterday? I'll have to check when I have sometime to just watch TV at a later time. Thanks for the help 🙂

0 Ratings
Dave123
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 9

Hi,

I have a similar problem where the audio breaks up on any Internet channel after about 1 to 2 hours viewing.  BT are looking into the problem at the moment.  So far they have sent an engineer out to test the broadband connection which seems ok. On Friday they sent an engineer to change the G4 box to see if the problem still persists,  but to no avail as the fault is still there.  I am now awaiting on 2nd line support to ring me back in the next 24hrs as customer services suspect the fault could lie in the telephone exchange.  To help narrow the fault down I have been doing my little bit and have changed all cables and tried a different TV.  I have also disconnected everything from the HH5 except the TV link and turned off all electrical devices.  When I find out what problem is I will let you know.

RGDS Dave

0 Ratings
ScottSilver
Contributor
Message 5 of 9

Thanks Dave, please do.

0 Ratings
Essemess
Contributor
Message 6 of 9

Hi,

Just switched to BT TV with their new YouView box after finally getting fed up with the ever increasing cost of Sky. Generally, despite the lack of HD channels, I'm happy with the new package.

The only problem we have is exactly what others have posted here. Internet delivered channels develop split second drops in sound after an hour or so of watching. Change channel or pause & play cures it but it is quite annoying when it starts to happen 😞

Has anyone else experienced this or found a cure?

0 Ratings
rarmitage124
Recognised Expert
Message 7 of 9

@Essemess

Are you using tv speakers or surround sound?

If my post has been useful, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.

If I have answered your question correctly please let me know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution' Thanks
0 Ratings
Essemess
Contributor
Message 8 of 9

Morining, rarmitage124.

I'm watching through HDMI direct into the telly 🙂

It's almost like the stream is buffering or suffering from low bandwidth although the picture remains fine, no pixelation or pauses...it's just the sound. Is like someone is flicking the mic. rapidly on and off. Change channel or pause & play and the issue goes away for another couple of hours.

All a bit strange.

Essemess. 🙂

0 Ratings
rarmitage124
Recognised Expert
Message 9 of 9

@Essemess

Have a look at this thread and see if it helps:
https://community.bt.com/t5/BT-Sport-on-the-Box/Audio-Cut-Out-on-BT-Sport-HD-Channels/td-p/954448/pa...

If my post has been useful, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.

If I have answered your question correctly please let me know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution' Thanks
0 Ratings