cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 27

Discovery channel any idea when?

When is Discovery channel going live on bt heard it could be live very soon.

also will the whole discovery package be added 

discovery +

animal planet and so on

ive got discovery + threw prime but don’t want to pay for it if I don’t have to

0 Ratings
26 REPLIES 26
Message 2 of 27

Re: Discovery channel any idea when?

According to a previous post, Discovery channel is replacing BoxNation in early November. 

No official announcement has been made regarding any other channels or the app. As ever, we'll have to wait for an update. 

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 27

Any ideas if BT will provide the discovery channel at no extra cost or just for people with sports subs.

Discovery and Eurosport are part of Sky’s basic package or at least it was when I was last with them and no need for a sports sub. 

Just you would have thought the discovery channel could be included with BT TV for free. Seems a little over the top to subscribe to sport for it and a little cheeky to add it as a bolt on when Sky provide it with their basic package and BT and discovery have a deal together.

Thanks

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 27

Nobody will know until the full details are announced, there was reports that eurosport has appeared for some people on the tv boxes early but other than that the full details will be announced when ready

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 27

Eurosport App ? The tv channels have been there for a while with the big sport.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 27

@jas20001978 

I'm getting Eurosport 1 & 2 HD since yesterday and I'm only on the basic sports package (BT Sport channels only).

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 27

I think everything in the Eurosport app is available in the full Discovery+ Sport app.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Fibre 2 Unlimited using EE Smart Hub 2 with EE TV Box Pro (UHD/HDR) in IP mode.
0 Ratings
Message 8 of 27

Discovery and Discovery just added to EPG with a Coming soon note. The channel numbers are 324 & 325.

Message 9 of 27

Great news although BT needs to improve on their announcements. It is really the only disappointment for me about their service.

Due to the partnership I wonder if we will get the full suite of Discovery channels and not just the main ones.

Good improvements but there is always room for more!

Message 10 of 27

Looks as though it will be available from this Friday as the ‘coming soon’ message gives way to full programme listings after midnight on Thursday.