cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 11

Discovery channel on app

Hi there, have just ordered BTTV and wondering if the Discovery channel is available. 

I know that Discovery Plus is not an app on the box but believe that I was told you could access discovery and sci-fi channels through the BT TV app on the box.

Just hoping someone could confirm that Discovery is available in the BT TV app.

Thanks.

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11

Re: Discovery channel on app

It used to be available via the legacy packs but if you're on one of the NowTV apps, Discovery isn't currently available at all.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 11

Hi @jas20001978 I can confirm that Discovery isn't available with any of the new BT TV plans. What BT TV plan did you order?

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 11

Hi Neil. I must have mixed a few things up then. I have ordered the big sport. On the order page in the MyBT app it says the following.

The BT TV app allows you to:

• Watch up to 50 live channels, including BT Sport, wherever you are.
  • Catch up on the latest shows from the likes of AMC, Comedy Central, SyFy, and Discovery.
  • Keep the kids entertained with amazing shows from Nickelodeon and Cartoon Network.
  • Pick up where you left off via the 'Continue Watching' feature.
  • Watch channels and programmes on up to two devices at the same time.
  • Download BT Store purchased content to watch anywhere anytime.

When I saw discovery listed in here I took it you would be able to watch programs from Discovery.

Thanks.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 11

Those apply to the legacy packs. If you're on Big Sport, you can watch Sky Sports via the NowTV app and BT Sport via the BT Sport app. 

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 11

Discovery+ is available as part of the extra channels within the Amazon Prime app. But you do need an Amazon Prime sub. 

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 11

A little misleading then from BT. It does say you can watch 50 live channels and watch shows from SYFY and discovery with the BTTV app.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 11

It says "Up to 50 channels"  nothing misleading at all because there are still BT TV customers on the legacy packs quite happily watching away on the BT TV app.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 11

It's misleading because this is what was sent to myself today in my order.

I don't know what a legacy pack is but it says on my order I can watch 50 live TV channels anywhere including discovery.

The BT TV app allows you to:

• Watch up to 50 live channels, including BT Sport, wherever you are.
  • Catch up on the latest shows from the likes of AMC, Comedy Central, SyFy, and Discovery.
  • Keep the kids entertained with amazing shows from Nickelodeon and Cartoon Network.
  • Pick up where you left off via the 'Continue Watching' feature.
  • Watch channels and programmes on up to two devices at the same time.
  • Download BT Store purchased content to watch anywhere anytime.

Literally received this in my order for BTTV today. No where does it say for legacy customers only. I am a new customer.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 11

That's poor. Not updated as that was intended for the previous BTTV packages no longer available.

0 Ratings