cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ChrisBentley
Beginner
Message 1 of 6

Disrupted recordings

Every recording we take - including pausing and then watching live TV - gets disrupted. We lose a couple of minutes in the recording. When this happens the picture and sound get distorted and then resume after the gap. Any thoughts on what could be causing this? It doesn't matter which TV channel we record it happens every time. Our Broadband seems to be working fine.

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 2 of 6

Re: Disrupted recordings

@ChrisBentleywrote:

Every recording we take - including pausing and then watching live TV - gets disrupted. We lose a couple of minutes in the recording. When this happens the picture and sound get distorted and then resume after the gap. Any thoughts on what could be causing this? It doesn't matter which TV channel we record it happens every time. Our Broadband seems to be working fine.

Does that include terrestrial channels (Freeview)? 

0 Ratings
TimCurtis
Guru
Message 3 of 6

@ChrisBentley 

If that's on Freeview channels as well as subscription channels then it's likely the hard drive is failing and a replacement is required.

If it's only on subscription channels only then it's possibly an internet connection issue.

0 Ratings
ChrisBentley
Beginner
Message 4 of 6

Yes - but we really only record HD channels so I can't say if this happens with the normal (aerial) terrestrial channels.

0 Ratings
ChrisBentley
Beginner
Message 5 of 6

Okay - my feeling is that it is an internet issue. But I will try recording a terrestrial channel to test this. This has been happening for a long time (over a year) but we have just been putting up with it.

0 Ratings
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 6 of 6

If it's the same on (for example) BBC, ITV etc (regardless of if it's an HD channel or not), then the chances are that the internal hard drive is faulty. BT will replace the box free of charge if you're still in contract.