cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ipprofile
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 6

Do I need to return the YouView box if my TV service contract ends due to the price rise?

Go to solution

Hello,

I know that you can keep the box when your contract term ends but my case is a bit different.

I got my youview box 45 months ago on a 24-month contract. After that, I renewed my contract for another 24 months and it will end in Oct.
Because of the recent price rise (again) for my TV service, I decided to end my TV package. I made a phone call and the customer service agreed to terminate the TV package in July.
However, she asked me to return the box. I have also received an email says they're sending me a pre-paid returns bag for me to send the box.

In my case, do I still need to return it?

Thanks for any advice.

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
TimCurtis
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 6

Re: Do I need to return the YouView box if my TV service contract ends due to the price rise?

Go to solution

@ipprofile 

No the box is yours to keep.

BT offer to recycle the box for you as do many other environmentally aware organisations but not all Customer Service personnel are aware that it's only a case of return it if you have no further use for it.

In fact many of them will tell you it won't work once you've terminated your contract.

ipprofile
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 6

Re: Do I need to return the YouView box if my TV service contract ends due to the price rise?

Go to solution

@TimCurtis 

Thanks Tim. That's very helpful. Will I still be able to use BBC iPlayer, NetFlix, Amazon Prime Video and etc after July?

0 Ratings
scointer
Recognised Expert
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

@ipprofile Yes to will still be able to access all those. The only things you won't be able to access are any BT 'Extra' channels and any recordings from those channels and the BT Player (or BT Sport). Also your data usage for watching 'on demand' content will also count towards your limit IF you don't have an unlimited BB plan.

TimCurtis
Recognised Expert
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

@ipprofile 

All the normal catchup services will work as usual. Netflix etc should be OK where you've contracted directly to the service & not via BT.

ipprofile
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution
Thanks very much guys for all your help!
0 Ratings