cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lilmunchkin
Beginner
Message 51 of 120

Re: Do I own my BT Youview box?

I am also getting the same emails from BT asking me to return my youview box. Can someone help me, as I spoke to someone at BT and he didnt no how to stop the emails. Thanks in advance

0 Ratings
Midnight_Voice
Aspiring Contributor
Message 52 of 120

@lilmunchkin

Unless these are coming in in droves, ignore them. They will stop. 'Delete' is your friend.

0 Ratings
rscott
Aspiring Expert
Message 53 of 120

Confirmation they're still sending deliberately misleading emails.

My mother gave 30 days notice on the 18th December to terminate BT TV Essentials (which seems to have been deactivated immediately) and received an email that day entitled 'You need to return your kit'. Never mind that she could and should still be able to use the box for another month!

The box won't be returned - it's going on a well known auction site instead.

Nowhere in the email does it say that you don't have to do so - this is the actual message:-

We're sorry you no longer need your BT equipment.

If you've already sent your equipment back to us, or if you've arranged a free collection, you can ignore this email.

If you haven't, you can follow the instructions below to send it back.

We'll reuse it or recycle it in a UK centre, which helps us cut down waste and put all the working parts to good use again.

0 Ratings
Midnight_Voice
Aspiring Contributor
Message 54 of 120

We all know what we think of those who prey on the elderly, especially at Christmas time.

Time for you to make a complaint on her behalf to the Head of Compliance at BT, suggesting this does not square with responsible and ethical practice and should be corrected forthwith, copy to Oftel?

0 Ratings
sea_1
Aspiring Contributor
Message 55 of 120

I think It's disappointing that BT persist with these emails headed "You need to return your kit".

I've no issue with BT offering to re-cycle Youview boxes after BT TV is cancelled, but the email being sent (I've had one today) implies that customers are duty-bound to do so.

Why is it, that this issue could not be fixed, given that customers have been giving feedback- not least on this forum- about it for more than a year?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
RodoRod
Contributor
Message 56 of 120

BT clearly need to sort out their administration.

Having re-contracted and NOT changed my equipment I was sent a bag to return my equipment in - not sure how everything was meant to work without any equipment.

A good admin review should do it - and will actually save BT money (rather than leaving it all to customers to sort out).

0 Ratings
sea_1
Aspiring Contributor
Message 57 of 120

We've now had an email, a returns envelope, and a follow-up letter- all trying to recover a box that isn't owned by BT.

Why do BT persist to persuade a customer to put their (the customer's) property in to an envelope, on the premise that they must do so, and give it away to BT?

0 Ratings
layman72
Contributor
Message 58 of 120

My TV contract expires on 23 March 2015. I find I'm not interested in the extra TV channels or BT Sport. I can get Eurosport and Netflix on my smart TV. I've also bought a WD 1TB hard drive which allows me to record Freeview channels and doesn't part record them or fail either

I gave 30 days notice on the 22 February. The BT phone sales person said I would have to return my box. I've also received an email and a letter telling me the same thing.

I will have paid BT for one year's BT TV and in my view I've honoured my contract and the Youview box belongs to me. Have I misunderstood this?

If BT want to re-imburse me the £35 I paid them for the box then I will return it at their expense. I think all BT is trying to do is reduce its set top box costs for new or upgrading customers by giving them a second hand box.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 59 of 120

You own the box. You only need to return it if you wish it to be recycled according to EU rules

BTLife | 1967 Plus Radio | 1000 Classical Hits
Someone Solved Your Question?
Please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
Helpful Post?
If a post has been helpful, say thanks by clicking the ratings star.
0 Ratings
rscott
Aspiring Expert
Message 60 of 120

BT should stop telling leaving customers that they MUST (not may) return the box.
All the emails/letters are very in clear on this.
0 Ratings