cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 1 of 4

Draytek 2830nV2 and BT TV

Go to solution

Hi, please could someone help me out here.

I've had BT Infinity and a Draytek 2830nV2 running for several years, no problem.

I got the YouView box 2 weeks ago and had problems watching subscription channels. After lots of telephone calls to support going nowhere I decided to start researching myself.   Worked out i needed to enable IGMP on my  draytek for WAN2 (the ethernet connection coming from my BT Openreach modem)

All generally ok, but when i start to watch a subscription channel that works it disconnects all the WIFI connection on my home network.     Its driving everyone in the house mad.        

Ive reconnected my HomeHub 3 which has been idle for years  - no issues here, so would appear the issue is with the Draytek.     But i need to keep the Draytek for some of the features i use which the HomeHub doesnt offer. 

Thanks

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 2 of 4

Re: Draytek 2830nV2 and BT TV

Go to solution

Have you also ticked the "enable IGMP Snooping" box on the IGMP setup page? If not, this would explain the symptoms you are seeing.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 4

Go to solution

I had similar symptoms on a Billion router when I first set it up.  I had to  enable 'Wireless Multicast Forwarding (WMF)' under the wireless settings to fix this (presume it will be labeled differently on the Draytek).

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

I enabled IGMP snooping but ws still experiencing wireless dropouts.   Managed to get it working but putting the BT TV box into a separate VLAN and still having IGMP and IGMP snooping enabled.

0 Ratings