cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gomezz
Distinguished Expert
Message 1 of 26

EPG info for subscription channels not in package?

After just moving from my legacy Max TV package to the new basic BT Sport I have, of course, lost Eurosport and channels like Discovery etc.  But what I find curious is that those channels are no longer listed in my EPG, unlike the Sky / Now TV channels to which I also do not subscribe.  Why are they treated differently?

Not a biggy but I do find it useful to browse or search the EPG for various programmes though of course there are plenty of other options for me to find out such information.  But I would have thought that BT would like to still show those channels so non-subscribers can see what they are missing and be tempted into the fold.

0 Ratings
25 REPLIES 25
-Richie-
Guru
Message 2 of 26

Re: EPG info for subscription channels not in package?

I would imagine once you unsubscribe, BT won't show packages you can no longer have anymore, people might ring up and say after watching Sky One, I tried to watch Alibi but it doesn't work and it's in my EPG, I think I have a fault.

The new packages will show you content you can have, which makes sense, it shows what you can subscribe to if you want to watch them.

There's also the option to hide channels you're not subscribed to.

0 Ratings
gomezz
Distinguished Expert
Message 3 of 26

Yes, but that does not answer the question as to why the Sky Sport channels are still shown.

Of course the Hide feature can be useful but it would hang together better if there was a simple toggle option to show or not show channels you are not subscribed to and to dim those channels when on display.
0 Ratings
-Richie-
Guru
Message 4 of 26

@gomezzwrote:
Yes, but that does not answer the question as to why the Sky Sport channels are still shown.

BT now sell all 11 Sky Sports channels, if you subscribe to Big Entertainment, then you want Sky Sports or BT Sports, they can be subscribed as an addon, then removed when not required.
Sky Cinema would be the same, you also have the option of subscribing to BT Sports, then adding the Entertainment pass if you fancy some Sky One or to watch Game of Thrones boxset.

0 Ratings
Hunter2660
Recognised Expert
Message 5 of 26

@-Richie-wrote:

@gomezzwrote:

BT now sell all 11 Sky Sports channels, if you subscribe to Big Entertainment, then you want Sky Sports or BT Sports, they can be subscribed as an addon, then removed when not required.
Sky Cinema would be the same, you also have the option of subscribing to BT Sports, then adding the Entertainment pass if you fancy some Sky One or to watch Game of Thrones boxset.

But as @gomezz was querying why aren't the old Max HD (Classic Entertainment) channels showing on the EPG, where as the Now TV channels are, remembering that neither are now subscribed to. I also find that interesting, and can't but wonder if the Classic Entertainment pack is soon to be withdrawn.

-Richie-
Guru
Message 6 of 26

@Hunter2660wrote:

But as @gomezz was querying why aren't the old Max HD (Classic Entertainment) channels showing on the EPG, where as the Now TV channels are, remembering that neither are now subscribed to. I also find that interesting, and can't but wonder if the Classic Entertainment pack is soon to be withdrawn.

If you have Max HD now or any of the lagacy packages, you'll see the legacy channels because you're subscribed to them, you'll also see the new NowTV content because that is what BT want to sell now.
If you're not subscribed, you won't see them and BT no longer sell them so pointless showing what you can't have in my opinion, Classic Entertainment is the only option, you can no longer order Entertainment Starter, Entertainment Plus, Max HD/4K, you can no longer order Sky Sports Main event either.

0 Ratings
Andy005
Recognised Expert
Message 7 of 26

It seems common sense to me to no longer include them in the EPG. Why list Alibi, Eurosport etc if they can longer be subscribed to? The EPG is now listing what you do or could subscribe to, not what you can no longer have.

0 Ratings
Hunter2660
Recognised Expert
Message 8 of 26

@Andy005wrote:

It seems common sense to me to no longer include them in the EPG. Why list Alibi, Eurosport etc if they can longer be subscribed to? The EPG is now listing what you do or could subscribe to, not what you can no longer have.

I agree, but at the moment we can see the Now TV channels on the EPG even though we are not subscribed to them. Perhaps it's because we're still on the Max HD pack. It'll be interesting to see what happens if you subscribe to the Classic Entertainment pack.

0 Ratings
Andy005
Recognised Expert
Message 9 of 26

It's because you can subscribe to the Now Tv channels, that's why they're there. The legacy packages such as Max HD cannot be subscribed to once you move from them so why have them in the EPG afterwards?

0 Ratings
Hunter2660
Recognised Expert
Message 10 of 26

@Andy005wrote:

It's because you can subscribe to the Now Tv channels, that's why they're there. The legacy packages such as Max HD cannot be subscribed to once you move from them so why have them in the EPG afterwards?

Yes but the Classic Entertainment pack is the equivalent of the Max HD pack. Do they dissappear once you subscribe to Now TV and vice versa?

0 Ratings