cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cliff
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 6

ERROR CODE YVM302

About 4 days ago i started getting picture breakup on channel 20 (drama)i'm getting error YVM302,i've retuned many times ,restarted the youview box to no avail.I have an aerial connection direct to the tv tuner as well as to youview & it's breaking up in both.

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Cliff
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 6

Re: ERROR CODE YVM302

just checked on tv tuner & everything looks ok there.
0 Ratings
jilly3
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 6

Are you actually using the TV freeview channels or do you only watch freeview through the youview box?

If not you really don`t need to "split the signal" back to the TV, that could be causing your picture break up.

Just plug your aerial lead directly into your youview box and don`t bother with the aerial back to the TV.

If you do want the tv channels, try turning on the "antenna out" option on in your settings menu, that could help signal quality.

0 Ratings
Cliff
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 6

I'm not splitting the signal as i think you might be suggesting.The aerial has a mast head amplifier attached.We are surrounded by giant trees in all directions here.,also a church tower from the direction the signal comes from.The coax comes from that into the coax wall plate.A coax cable then goes from the plate into a power supply unit.There are 2 outs on the psu,so a coax goes into the youview coax connection ,the 2nd out on the psu goes straight into the tv.

I didn't realise that i could take 2 cables out of the psu until around 7 years ago,i had to call in a local aerial guy due to a problem with the coax wall plate that i couldn't fix.At that time i was taking a coax from the youview box,might even have been the box before the youview,into the tv.The aerial guy told me that i could take a coax into the tv straight from the psu so i said ok do it & it's been that way since then.

I actually didn't have any problems before that.They have i gather been messing with the Winter Hill transmitter recently.I've been onto Freeview & i understand that they are still doing stuff there.

I've retuned the tv from it's tuner & everything seems ok including  drama (20) channel.Another  retune,actually about 6 of the youview has resulted in the loss of around 40 channels,fortunately most of the ones i might watch are there,channel 20 is missing,also breaking up is Sony pictures & a 3 others which i might take a look at depending on what is showing.

So that is where i'm at at the moment.My tv also has a freesat tuner so i'm also looking into that because there can be a problem with the psu,if that goes so will all access to tv reception,did happen around 10 years ago,cost me around £ 20 to replace the psu.

0 Ratings
jilly3
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 6

They have changed a lot of freeview channels numbers recently, so i guess they could have reduced signal strength on some of them.

On my last retune  about 25 channels vanished, no idea which they were though.

Personally i use a TV signal booster as i split my aerial signal to two youview boxes.

Without the booster my signal strength is as little as 60% on most channels, with it i hit 100% on pretty much all of them and never get break up any more.

I have found that the tuner on my TV will accept a much lower signal strength to show all freeview channels, BT boxes seem to require a better signal strength or quality, maybe due to its recording the live stream requirements.

0 Ratings
Cliff
Aspiring Expert
Message 6 of 6

Hi

Something odd going on,last night signal on almost all channels,either through the youview connection or the tv tuner.All breaking up.

Retuned both this morning & both appear at the moment to be ok,no breakup.The youview box has tuned in & most of the missing channels are back including drama.

Will still look into freesat though.

Cheers.

Stay safe out there.

0 Ratings