Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sharpian
Beginner
Message 1 of 17

ESPN not working on BT Youview Humax box

Hi all

I recieved my BT Youview Humax box 4 days ago but i can't get ESPN to work. All I get is a black screen with no picture, no sound and no messages.

I dont have BT infinity just a normal 15mb connection but I was assured that I can watch ESPN and the up and coming BT Sports channels on my Youview Humax box for free because I have broadband with BT.

Any advice and help will be really appreciated.

Thanks

Ian.

0 Ratings
16 REPLIES 16
kevinbrighton
Aspiring Contributor
Message 2 of 17

Re: ESPN not working on BT Youview Humax box

I was told by BT that ESPN is only available to Infinity customers, as it will no longer be broadcast via DTT (your aerial) after the 31st July.

0 Ratings
walkerx
Recognised Expert
Message 3 of 17

Until new channels released you won't get ESPN on youview and you must be on infinity.
0 Ratings
DJM
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 17

I have infinity and youview box and I only get a black screen on ESPN!

Having said this my BT sport channels still aren't appearing on my TV guide.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 17

My guess is that you're trying ESPN on channel 34, that will not work as it is the encrypted freeview channel.

EPSN will be on channel 509 (512 for ESPN HD) when your IPTV channels appear.

My BT Sports channels have arrived and so has ESPN SD, you still have a few days until 1st August when BT said the channels will be on devices. They are doing a staggered roll out, some people got the channels before I did.

0 Ratings
stevew09
Contributor
Message 6 of 17

I now have ESPN on 509 which is broadcasting content (not just adverts) but I don't have ESPN HD yet.

0 Ratings
Sharpian
Beginner
Message 7 of 17

I called BT last night and again on the phone they 'assured' me that on the 1st of August you will be able to watch BT Sports 1 and 2 on youview without infinity. I hope they are not talking rubbish!

Also I only have ESPN showing on channel 34 and there is no channel 509 on my youview box. Does anyone know why this is?

Thanks

Ian

Message 8 of 17

You will not get BT Sports or ESPN on Youview without Infinity as they will be IPTV channels, you can on a BT Vision+ box. You will be able to watch online I think.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
kevinbrighton
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 17

Ian,

I'm being told exactly the same thing as you. I've been told I'll receive BT Sports 1 & 2 without infinity, through Youview, but I won't receive ESPN as it won't be broadcast on DTT.

The general view from people is that BT Sport won't work either, so BT either have a magic software update, or their call centre staff are wrong.

On Thursday we'll all know!

0 Ratings
Sharpian
Beginner
Message 10 of 17

Lets hope for that magic update on Thursday or BT will have a lot of angry customers.

0 Ratings