cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 5

ETHERNET CABLE

Go to solution

I've just purchased a longer ethernet cable for my BT box as the supplied one wasn't long enough. I bought a 5e. It looks ok, but every now and then the screen goes black for a split second. Does this mean the cable is incorrect/at fault? Will it settle down or need I buy a different one.

Thanks

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: ETHERNET CABLE

Go to solution

@watcher33 

That is unlikely to affect the TV screen display, as its only carrying the Internet connection.

I would check the HDMI lead between the YouView box and the TV, in case its been disturbed when you changed the Ethernet cable.

Make sure both ends of the HDMI cable are fully plugged in.

0 Ratings
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

Hey -

Do you get any messages about the YouView box being disconnected from the internet at all? Does it happen on only internet channels, also if yes does it happen on all internet channels or just some?

I am connected via ethernet and have had very occasional glitching but just the internet connection - It could be the cable - but I would investigate other things like internet speed being enough to handle the internet channels first as a thought - whether someone is downloading a large amount of data at the same time.

It might also be worth checking SD vs HD internet channels.

Thanks

0 Ratings
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution
Great, thanks. I'll check that.
0 Ratings
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution
Everything was working fine before I switched over the ethernet cables. So it may be that I've dislodged the HDMI cable as suggested. I just watched for 30 mins and it now seems ok.
Thanks.
0 Ratings