still no email....

0 Ratings
hyper01
Contributor
Message 22 of 68

Re: Emails about Fox

Go to solution

Still no e-mail.

I suspect they will be scheduled to come out on the 30th.

0 Ratings
mikemoyes1987
Contributor
Message 23 of 68

Go to solution

same as others on here, no email and if I didn't come onto the forum I wouldn't have known about it

0 Ratings
magpie03
Expert
Message 24 of 68

Go to solution
No email here either.
0 Ratings
Tymo76
Contributor
Message 25 of 68

Go to solution
Same here no email. So what happens when all those people find on the 1st March they no longer have Fox and have not received this email, will they be able to cancel their TV service? Disgusting if the can't.
0 Ratings
davgille7
Aspiring Expert
Message 26 of 68

Go to solution
I got my email on 11th Feb, so you should still be able to cancel from 1st Mar as you have 30 days to cancel
0 Ratings
Telecom89
Recognised Expert
Message 27 of 68

Go to solution

Just to say that that you can call the number given (see link) and call to either leave BT TV or possibly get a discount on your TV package/an ex-gratia payment without actually having to have received the email.

See: http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/53248/~/removal-of-the-fox-channel-from-bt-tv

0 Ratings
cmatt
Message 28 of 68

Go to solution

Haven't received the email either... so on the basis of the link above I thought I'd do some digging and  I was put through to the customer options team via live chat tonight.

Got told that amc's fear the walking dead is 'just as good if not better' than the original walking dead season and I couldnt possibly just want the fox channel (which - lets be honest - was a main draw for most when deciding what tv service to sign up for ) and then spent the next 30 odd minutes on hold because there was nothing they could do as the BT Sport order (which - tbf - I never even wanted) was still open on my account so I had to be put through to the orders dept (gave up on the call in the end...)

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Milhouse
Contributor
Message 29 of 68

Go to solution

I have been keeping an eye on BT TV once I was out of contract with Sky in a few months time. (BT mucked me about when I was moving to my current home hence having Sky for TV). 

For me, not having Fox is a big negative. It was bad enough without Sky One, but to not have Fox and it's mix of drama and comedy is not good.

BT is missing too many other digital TV staples that are on Sky, Virgin and TalkTalk I'm afraid, yet it's monthly subscription charges are in a similar ball park.

Shame.

0 Ratings
Telecom89
Recognised Expert
Message 30 of 68

Go to solution

@cmatt wrote:

Haven't received the email either... so on the basis of the link above I thought I'd do some digging and  I was put through to the customer options team via live chat tonight.

Got told that amc's fear the walking dead is 'just as good if not better' than the original walking dead season and I couldnt possibly just want the fox channel (which - lets be honest - was a main draw for most when deciding what tv service to sign up for ) and then spent the next 30 odd minutes on hold because there was nothing they could do as the BT Sport order (which - tbf - I never even wanted) was still open on my account so I had to be put through to the orders dept (gave up on the call in the end...)

Was the live chat actually with a UK-based team?

You would be better to call the number.

Obviously you have to decide which option do you want - cancelling or taking an ex-gratia payment.

0 Ratings