Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Hunter2660
Recognised Expert
Message 41 of 68

Re: Emails about Fox

Go to solution

@Keith75 wrote:
Nobody knows the facts as BT have said very little about why they can't provide the channel anymore, fox have said nothing. So what facts? Rumour and speculation do not count as fact.

Granted. But I can't see any "anti Sky agenda" in both posts. Anyway why should you worry, you don't subscribe to BTTV.

0 Ratings
Keith75
Aspiring Expert
Message 42 of 68

Go to solution
I'm not worried, but I do feel sorry for all the BTTV customers not on this forum who haven't had the email and are going to have a nasty shock after tomorrow.
As for you not seeing any anti sky agenda, take a look at some of that posters comments in the original fox thread, there is a common theme of blaming sky for BT losing Fox, when none of us know the truth.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Chadwick45
Aspiring Contributor
Message 43 of 68

Go to solution

Well one day left, and still no email. I find this totally unacceptable, I will phone on the 1st to cancel, and state that the main reason will not necessarily be the loss of a channel, but actually their failure to inform me, and therefore my complete loss of trust in them as a supplier.  I find the lack of information completely unacceptable, it appears that they are trying to keep cancellations to a minimum by simply not informing their customers, and hoping they don't notice. Seems like a complete con to me. 

Keith75
Aspiring Expert
Message 44 of 68

Go to solution
@Chadwick45

It's hard to disagree with you, every BT customer should have been informed by now. Like i said earlier its the customers not on this forum who have no clue fox is leaving, i feel sorry for.
Hunter2660
Recognised Expert
Message 45 of 68

Go to solution

@Keith75 wrote:
I'm not worried, but I do feel sorry for all the BTTV customers not on this forum who haven't had the email and are going to have a nasty shock after tomorrow.
As for you not seeing any anti sky agenda, take a look at some of that posters comments in the original fox thread, there is a common theme of blaming sky for BT losing Fox, when none of us know the truth.

Blimey I have better things to do with my time than worrying what others have posted on other threads. I do have a life. Is true we don't know the true reason why Fox is withdrawing their channel, but as it only affects BTTV then the old adage may well ring true "if it walks like a duck etc......." (just my opinion Smiley Wink). As I said why are you worried whether there is an "anti Sky agenda" at all?

Still no e-mail received here, and it seems unlikely I will get one now. Personally it doesn't bother me as I only tuned in for TWD, and I can watch that elsewhere.

0 Ratings
Keith75
Aspiring Expert
Message 46 of 68

Go to solution
If someone has an anti sky agenda, that's for them, its not for this thread though. This thread is about BT informing their TV customers about the loss of one of their better channels.
scointer
Recognised Expert
Message 47 of 68

Go to solution
BT are sending e-mails to their millions of customers (granted some haven't made it for whatever reason, wrong e-mail contact etc). There is a statement on this forum. There are many hundreds of related threads and posts on the internet. The EPG guide states it. What more do you want, them to pay for a full page advert and advertising campaign to state they are 'no longer able' to supply the FOX channel. In a massive company a small minority will always get missed for some reason. BT are not stopping what they have allowed people to do BEFORE the channel stops so what is the big issue. If people only find out tomorrow they can still get the same options people can get today.
0 Ratings
Hunter2660
Recognised Expert
Message 48 of 68

Go to solution

@Keith75 wrote:
If someone has an anti sky agenda, that's for them, its not for this thread though. This thread is about BT informing their TV customers about the loss of one of their better channels.

Nobody in this thread mentioned anything that could be considered anti Sky, so why bring it up in the first place. Smiley Surprised

0 Ratings
siteguru
Expert
Message 49 of 68

Go to solution

I really can't remember whether or not I've received an email about the loss of Fox. I had heard it was happening though.

Not that it matters to me ... I don't recall ever watching it.

PS - just checked my BT email account - no email there. Checked my main email history and I did receive an email, on 11th Feb.

Changes to your BT TV pack
Hello,
From 1 March 2016, you’ll no longer be able to watch FOX and FOX HD on BT TV. That’s because Fox have changed the way they offer their TV channels to TV providers.

We’re sorry about this but we’ll keep bringing you great TV – including loads of top channels like Comedy Central, GOLD and Universal – as well as a number of ways to watch the latest and greatest US dramas:

• You can watch some of the biggest US shows – including Fear the Walking Dead (back for a new season in April) on AMC. This channel is exclusive and available at no extra cost to BT customers.

• With BT you can watch Netflix* directly through your set-top box. Get the shows everyone is talking about, like the brand new season of Better Call Saul (available from 16 February) and the new season of House of Cards (4 March).

• You can buy the latest US box sets from BT Store - like The Knick Season 2 (coming in March) and Game of Thrones from HBO. Plus each episode from the latest season of The Walking Dead will be available 24 hours after it has been shown on air in the UK.

How to get in touch
We’d like to make sure you’ve still got the best TV pack. So if you want to talk to us about your options in light of this change please call 0800 032 4624.

Thanks
Ian
http://www.siteguru.co.uk/be/ADSL2PlusForDummies.pdf - Having ADSL issues? Then read this PDF
Please don't click the star beside my name - too many stars makes you look like a swot!
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 50 of 68

Go to solution
The software on the older BT Vision boxes has a message facility. Like a separate mail Inbox just on the BT TV box. Strangely though BT hardly ever seem to use it. I guess they just don't understand their own system? The idea is that it should be used for important announcements such as changes to channels.

Does Youview have any message facility?
0 Ratings