Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
crashbon
Aspiring Contributor
Message 31 of 68

Re: Emails about Fox

Go to solution

the same didn't get email, found out when i couldn't find agent carter in my scheduled recording

so how long I have to watch Fox recordings on my youview box??

Telecom89
Recognised Expert
Message 32 of 68

Go to solution

@crashbon wrote:

the same didn't get email, found out when i couldn't find agent carter in my scheduled recording

so how long I have to watch Fox recordings on my youview box??

Unclear at present - see: https://community.bt.com/t5/YouView-Boxes/Fox-Channel-Recordings/td-p/1591130

0 Ratings
GarethW
Expert
Message 33 of 68

Go to solution
I received a good deal to go back to Sky so I'm just keeping the box for BT Sport now. When I mentioned to the Sky rep about Fox leaving they mentioned about them taking control of National Geographic and was surprised when I told them it was still on BT. Not that I wish to worry anyone further. I do think Sky are being anti-competitive, for whatnot is worth, which isn't much.
0 Ratings
jam2000
Expert
Message 34 of 68

Go to solution

Yes it does sound like Sky are being very anti-competitive.

Also the National Geographic channels are not fully owned by Sky (Fox), also the National Geographic Society have some ownership too.

0 Ratings
Keith75
Aspiring Expert
Message 35 of 68

Go to solution
Can we keep this thread on topic please, its about BTTV customers receiving (or not) emails about losing fox. It's not for people with an anti sky agenda, to hijack the thread and take it off topic.
0 Ratings
Hunter2660
Recognised Expert
Message 36 of 68

Go to solution

Anti Sky agenda, really? It seems to me they're just stating facts. By the way one day to go and I have yet to receive any e-mail concerning the loss of Fox. Smiley Wink

0 Ratings
Keith75
Aspiring Expert
Message 37 of 68

Go to solution
Nobody knows the facts as BT have said very little about why they can't provide the channel anymore, fox have said nothing. So what facts? Rumour and speculation do not count as fact.
0 Ratings
GarethW
Expert
Message 38 of 68

Go to solution
National Geographic has been split to two: there is the non-profit side being run by the society, and the profit side being run by 21st Century Fox
donnakel82
Message 39 of 68

Go to solution
Me neither! In fact I wouldn't have even known except I was just looking through the tv guide on the screen and saw the message.
Am furious! Half way through season two of Agent Carter! what other channels will vanish?!
0 Ratings
ney
Expert
Message 40 of 68

Go to solution

I got email about Fox just over a week ago it sent to my BT email but I had already found out from here and by using the digital spy forums.

Although I know Sky dont fully own the likes of Fox and one or two others. Its like Sky dont like another company trying to take them on and want to get there own way and stop some companies from getting some channels.

Hope BT will not end up losing anymore channels. BT need to think about adding a few more channels at some point this year.

Darren

0 Ratings