cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 23

Equipment Returns Bags

I upgraded my BT TV package on Monday (10 August 2020), part of which included a new UHD YouView box.  A returns bag was supposed to be included with the new equipment, but this was not included.

I have had a look on the website, but apart from contacting the main number, there didn't seem to be an option to request the returns bag any other way.  As the main contact number is very busy (i was on hold for over 20 minutes before being able to speak with someone on Monday), i had hoped to be able to sort the issue without having to call them again.

Is anyone aware of any way of obtaining a returns bag for one of the older, and larger, BT YouView boxes that doesn't involve calling the main number?

0 Ratings
22 REPLIES 22
Highlighted
Message 2 of 23

Re: Equipment Returns Bags

Hi @David16,

Thank you for posting. I'm sorry you didn't receive the returns bag. If you send me your details, I'll be able to arrange for one to be sent to you.

I have sent you a private message with instructions on how to contact me.  You can access your messages via the envelope icon at the top right of the screen, or click on this link, Private messages

We've been really busy on the community for the last few days and it will likely be a few days before one of the team will get back to you.

Thanks

Paddy

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 23

I received a new box today and have the same issue. No return bag or anything

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 4 of 23

You can have the one I was sent when I changed package and they sent me a new 4K box which I didn't need or want as it is missing some vital outputs which I make use of in my current set up so sticking with my old box I have had for several years so under no obligation to return it anyway.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 5 of 23

Hi @Chrisbacon26, the returns packaging is normally posted in a separate envelope a few days after you get your new equipment.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 23

Ok thanks 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 7 of 23

hi, can i have a bag too  been waiting over a week so far   thanks 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 8 of 23

Hi @welshgit if you get in touch with us on live chat we'll sort that for you. 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 9 of 23

@welshgit @Chrisbacon26 @David16 

Unless the equipment was received after December 2019 there's no reason why you shouldn't keep it if you want to.

Sometimes they can come in handy or you can sell them on some reputable sites.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 23

Its 4 years old. I was told i would be charged if i didnt send it back.
0 Ratings