Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Patrick-Bateman
Contributor
Message 1 of 17

Error IPC6023 on all BT sport channels & ESPN

Go to solution

I am getting the above error code, I am on Infinity getting 78000kbps, all the on demand services are working. I have rebooted the youview box, also scanned for channels again. ,manufacturer software 14.1.0 component software 1.7.2 platform 492 ISP 29. . My Youview box is hard wired to my router which is a Drayteck 2750n. I have spent 3hrs 44mins of which I spoke to 6 operatives who could not help me, They did get me to reboot my YouView box 6 times that was very helpful.Smiley Frustrated

Thanks for any help in advance.

0 Ratings
16 REPLIES 16
TimCurtis
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 17

Re: Error IPC6023 on all BT sport channels & ESPN

Go to solution

Do you have IGMP snooping & proxy enabled? These are necessary to support multicasting for BT Sport/ESPN.

Even enabled the Draytek may not properly support multicasting , in the same way that my Asus RT-N66U won't,

0 Ratings
Highlighted
r1sh12
Expert
Message 3 of 17

Go to solution
Ive also been getting this problem.
I cannot be bothered to call BT - they run through a set of scripts which will not find this outcome.

Im using a Netgear N750 - multicast is enabled by default and I really do not want to switch back to the BT router because its sooo terrible.
It keeps switching all devices to a strict NAT.

Ive checked everything possible and the speed is perfectly fine, Ive also got IGMP enabled.

Its a bit silly this should just work, I used to use sky player on my xbox 360 which would work fine with sports channels.

ANyone got ideas?
0 Ratings
banditkd
Message 4 of 17

Go to solution

Hi Patrick - I have had my Drayek 2820Vn working, i know it isn't the same model but setting IGMP Proxy and IGMP Snooping seemed to fix things - these settings can be found under Applications -> IGMP

Hope it helps

0 Ratings
Patrick-Bateman
Contributor
Message 5 of 17

Go to solution

Hi Thanks for all your suggestions. I have enabled IGMP proxy my IGMP proxy channel is WAN my IGMP Compatibility is AUTO, Snooping Enabled- Unregistered IPMC Flooding enabled and port related configuration LAN 1-4 I set to fast leave. Then rebooted the youview box, sorry to say same error message.

Is there anything else I can do??

0 Ratings
stueyboy
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 17

Go to solution

I posted this reply on a similar thread on here. I was basically in exactly the same boat as you. BT told me to gop away basically and assured me that it would all start working perfectly on 1st Aug. Needless to say it didn't. The following method is something I just happened to catch on another thread somewhere I can't even remember now and it is working 100% of the time so far over the past 3 days. Give it a try.

[QUOTE]Here's something to try - After switching on the Youview box and before trying a BT Sport channel, enter the BT on demand services. Just until you get the splash screen where loads of programme bannner images show up. Then exit out of that and try to select a BT sport channel.

This is working for me now and before I have tried pretty much everything else I can find on these and other forums. This is even working for me over the powerline adaptor connection.

Worth a try...[/QUOTE]

0 Ratings
Patrick-Bateman
Contributor
Message 7 of 17

Go to solution

Thanks for the suggestion, but it did not work. I tried it using the back button & the close button.Then entering the channel no. I am also in conversation with Drateck trying to resolve this. I am trying everything they are asking & I tried another router in case the drayteck was blocking the Internet channel, but I get the same error message. Somebody from BT tech support left me a message on my home phone saying I have to go into the settings on the youview box, then to signal & quality tab & turn off Internet notifications, this also did not work & I still get the IPC error message. 

I also got a nice Email from BT telling me that they have to do an update on my BT Vision box & that I will loose all my recordings.( I am wondering how this will affect my You View Box)???

0 Ratings
Stutters
Message 8 of 17

Go to solution
I've just had it confirmed by BT that you cannot get BT Sport with the Home Hub 2. I've just spent almost two hours speaking various support staff to get this information.

I'm on Infinity, in case that makes a difference.
0 Ratings
Patrick-Bateman
Contributor
Message 9 of 17

Go to solution

The HomeHub 2 does not support Infinity, Only HomeHub 3 & 4??

0 Ratings
Patrick-Bateman
Contributor
Message 10 of 17

Go to solution

I need some help, Drayteck have asked me to enable IPTV on my router, but I need the DCHP settings for BT & I do not know what they are. I can't face calling Mombai to try & explain what I need. I also need the IPTV WAN VLAN ID. The WAN VLAN ID for BT Infinity is 101. I know its a long shot, if anyone knows please help.

I did try to set it up as PPoE but Drayteck say it needs to be set up as DHCP.

Cheers

0 Ratings