Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
h7erj
Contributor
Message 1 of 11

Error btv 175

Go to solution
Does anyone know what this error is? We've been trying to resume watching a film from the BT vision library but it comes up with this. I can't find any reference to it anywhere. I'd be much obliged for any help.
0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11

Re: Error btv 175

Go to solution

Hi H7erj,

What film were you trying to watch or do you get that error message when trying to watch all films through the YouView service?

Thanks

Paddy

Community ModeratorPaddyB
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings
Bulat
Beginner
Message 3 of 11

Go to solution
I am also getting Error175.Any ideas.
0 Ratings
redzebra
Message 4 of 11

Go to solution

I am getting this error trying to watch To Rome with Love. We had a modicum of success, about 20-30 seconds worth of the titles before the triangle appears and connection is lost. Restarting BT Vision hasn't helped.

0 Ratings
MartinC
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 11

Go to solution

We're using BT Vision Player pay-as-you-go on a retail Humax box and are having exactly the same BTV-175 error when trying to watch Frankenweenie HD (or any trailer as a test).  Occasionally we get a few seconds of the movie and it crashes out to the menu screen without reporting an error.  BBC iPlayer HD streaming is working fine - so it's unlikely to be the connenction.  Will try again tomorrow.

Never experienced this before the BT Vision Player update (or at least I assume it has updated as there are now dots whille the player loads rather than the spinning 'thing').

Martin

0 Ratings
MartinC
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 11

Go to solution

Better for a while this morning, but no good at all when the kids wanted to watch the film this afternoon.  No longer seeing a BTV-175 error (with associated 'please try again later' message), just crashes out to the menu.

BBC iPlayer HD streaming still okay over the BT Infinity connection.

Opportunity to watch now lost... anyone fancy our chances of securing a refund?

Martin

0 Ratings
MartinC
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 11

Go to solution

Wouldn't have posted again, but wanted to give some positive feedback on the Vision call centre.  A very efficient chap dug my viewing record out of the logs and raised a compensation event within 10 minutes.  No guarantee it will appear on my bill of course... but the intent was clearly there.

No explaination of the problem other than "it sometimes happens" and the advice is to try another film sometime.  We'll see what happens.

Martin

0 Ratings
h7erj
Contributor
Message 8 of 11

Go to solution
We haven't had the error message since, but it's become very difficult to watch a film due to being poked back to the menu every few minutes. Took us ages to watch one film and a lot of swearing too. Just tried Hollywood Homicide for the umpteenth time but have given up. Trying Kinky Boots now and all's well so far. We only try the free films. We thought it was maybe tinternet was busy but I don't think it's the case, I'll have to speak to someone about it. Maybe it's a temporary thing and another update will sort it.
0 Ratings
petewest
Message 9 of 11

Go to solution

I suffer the same symptoms everytime I attempt to watch a file via BT vision.

Broardband speeds, ping etc all exceed levels needed to stream movies.

As evidenced by the fact that each time I fail I rent another movie from xbox live directly after and watch with no problem.

BT vision movie rental for me is not fit for purpose.

I am currently going through the call centre spiel right now, if it's not sorted out this time xbox live will be first choice for movie rental every time.

0 Ratings
petewest
Message 10 of 11

Go to solution

Well done call centre, looks like BT have got to the bottom of this issue.

Solution for me was as follows:

Turn off humax box (with rear power switch)

Turn on and pulse (press on and off) silver volume - button (front right of box)

When start up screen appears there will be a message displayed about entering maintanance mode, as soon as this appears quickly press the soft power button (the one with the orange/blue light surrounding it on the front of the box)

After some time a maintainance menu will appear

Select software reset (the top menu option) it was the default on my box by pressing OK (volume -)

Once this is complete the BTVision option will have disappeared from the y button menu.

To replace it choose device management then software update and download the latest software

BTvision menu should now be back

Select film

(in my case) streamed properly on first attempt.

Must be some form of software corruption or bad options getting stored somewhere. Please add this to the self help section of your webby BT, I would guess it's effecting lots of people, and if the solution is not made obvious will lose you loads of cash.

As a door might say "glad to be of service"

0 Ratings