cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Teddybear1
Message 1 of 5

Error message Yvm302

Started getting this message popping up on screen yesterday ongoing cannot get rid. Picture is great but went into settings and picture quality is at 30%. I also live about a mile from transmitter . This seems to be happening only on HD channels bbc 1.2 itv. Channel 4 and 5. Yesterday I was watching bbc news on BBC 1 this programme was also on the BBC news HD channel both channels were identical picture quality but bbc 1 HD was at 30% picture quality the news channel was 100% . Because of the 30% picture quality in settings the error message keeps popping up.
Looked at cables etc fine. Strange rang the Indian call centre who wanted to send engineer at 120 cost if the problem was my end. Which I am sure it's not. Consider myself pretty savvy on connections etc. Has anybody else had this sort of glitch!
0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Error message Yvm302

Hi @Teddybear1 and welcome.

I'm sorry you're having poblems. You'll get advice on the error message at 'YVM' error codes on YouView

Cheers

David

Community ModeratorDaveM
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
Telecom89
Recognised Expert
Message 3 of 5

Also worth checking that there is no engineering work taking place on your transmitter: http://www.digitaluk.co.uk/help_and_advice/engineering_works
0 Ratings
Teddybear1
Message 4 of 5

Thanks for the reply. Have found cause for some reason the splitter I have on the ariel was not working. Been there for yonks no problems. Soon as removed and fed the one cable direct to the socket the signal quality went from 30% to 80 and then I checked again it was at 100.funny though the splitterjust not doing its job. Maybe it's because of the latest software upgrade. Never mind it's working now just have to new splitter for freeview directly through tv. Which comes
In handy as a reserve if the box crashes or something not that it ever has.
0 Ratings
Telecom89
Recognised Expert
Message 5 of 5

@Teddybear1 wrote:
Thanks for the reply. Have found cause for some reason the splitter I have on the ariel was not working. Been there for yonks no problems. Soon as removed and fed the one cable direct to the socket the signal quality went from 30% to 80 and then I checked again it was at 100.funny though the splitterjust not doing its job. Maybe it's because of the latest software upgrade. Never mind it's working now just have to new splitter for freeview directly through tv. Which comes
In handy as a reserve if the box crashes or something not that it ever has.

Hi - assuming that you have a YV+ box (with recording facility) you should be able to daisy-chain aerial cables as follows without using a splitter:

Main aerial lead goes into YV input (not the TV!)

YV aerial output goes into TV aerial input

You may need to turn on 'RF Loop Through' in YV 'Device Management' settings if that doesn't work.

If you have the 'starter box' then you won't be able to do this as that box doesn't have an aerial output.

0 Ratings