cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bosshogguk
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 22

Error on attempted itv streaming BTV-158 ???

I was trying to watch endeavour s1e1 and Lewis s1e3 yesterday evening and both failed to start, a BTV-158 error was shown but cannot find this mentioned anywhere.

I have the latest Jan software update, and good reliable 13mbs on ADSL2+ so any ideas??

0 Ratings
21 REPLIES 21
bosshogguk
Aspiring Contributor
Message 2 of 22

Re: Error on attempted itv streaming BTV-158 ???

Seems that some work and others don't. Tried disabling parental controls without it helping.

Lewis s2e1-3 dome up with this error message, while episode 4 works fine.

would be nice to know if it is the EPG at fault or something fundamental with the playback

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 22

I'm also getting this error code when trying to watch a couple of episodes of Vera Series 1.  The BT website explanation of error codes does not mention any that start "BTV" - what the hell are they playing at?

0 Ratings
bosshogguk
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 22

I think they are playing at the old game of spend millions on ad. campaigns and then rake in the money by putting zero effort into supporting the resulting users.

You just know that if you were to ring up you could be talking to someone in a call centre anywhere in the world, and their 'script' will be to take you through all the obvious checks and a full reset (losing all recordings).
 If they get to determingin the issue still remains (which it will if it is supplier/content based) they will then send out a replacement box thus making their problem 'go away' for several days.

It all seems to be about them promotign the idea that there could never be an issue with either the new firmware, or with the content they purport to serve.

My wife is now winging at me to go back to the old BTV box.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
kryten22uk
Contributor
Message 5 of 22

Just had this BTV-158 error this evening when trying to watch 5 Year Engagement from Box Office.  Other things on Vision work.  This is really annoying.  Ruins an evening if you plan the evening around a movie.

0 Ratings
CriticalMass
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 22

I had exactly the same error code on the same film last night. I reluctantly phoned BT having settled down for a movie night and got the standard technical call centre. I explained I had checked all the connections, reset the hub blah blah as per usual. I told them OnDemand TV worked fine, as did the on demand players, it appeared to be just the films on box office that didn't work. This was puntuated by long pauses at the other end of the phone as they clearly ran out of answers on their check list. Finally they said I would get a refund on the film and my issue "escalated to the next level with someone phoning me within 24-48 hours". Well its been 16 hours so far so I expect a call today or tomorrow.

I won't be sending my box back if they suggest it because I've about 40 hours of content recorded on it. Its a shame the BT service is plagued by these little glitches all the time. I bet if I try it again it'll work eventually as I've watched ondemand content without any problem before.

0 Ratings
mrjohndawson
Beginner
Message 7 of 22

I've had the same error after I had paid to stream 5-year engagement.  I've streamed one other film successfully on this new box but having done all the normal stuff, this error BTV-158 keeps coming up.  Anyone fixed it?

0 Ratings
bosshogguk
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 22

Nope, not seen any explanation let alone solution.

When I go onto the BTV to watch the likes of Lewis only around 1 out of 8 of the shows work. No obvious reason why some would work and others fail every time.
0 Ratings
MartinH
Expert
Message 9 of 22

Had the same on Groundhog Day today.

0 Ratings
PJ_Maybe
Aspiring Expert
Message 10 of 22

just had the same Btv-158 error just now on SD version of five year engagements
0 Ratings