cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PJ_Maybe
Aspiring Expert
Message 11 of 22

Re: Error on attempted itv streaming BTV-158 ???

The film shows up in the You're watching but still won't play. how do I make sure I get the refund? Do I need to ring India?
0 Ratings
mrjohndawson
Beginner
Message 12 of 22

The good news is that I phoned BT up and told them of the error on "5-year engagement" and they said BTV-158 was an error from their streaming supplier and promised to get onto it.  The agent was earnest in his wish to solve this and get it sorted.  They subsequently contacted me to say it was fixed - and indeed it was.  

The bad news is that I've just paid for the next film, "Brave", and have the same error.  This problem seems to be specific to specific titles for me - for example, I have used the catch-up service without a problem popping up (not on Lewisthough).  On "Brave" I've had error BTV-158 and also BTV-175 and BTV-250.  Whether it is bad luck or not, 2 of the 3 films I've paid for have not streamed. 

0 Ratings
Ourshady
Message 13 of 22

Having same error on Brave in sd. Phoned the 0800 number and spoke to several charming Indian people. I think they said its a BT problem and that they are aware of and it effects several films. Could take "several days" to rectify and I should get a refund. I won't hold my breath!
0 Ratings
PJ_Maybe
Aspiring Expert
Message 14 of 22

Further to my posts 3 and 4 above

I rang BT and reported the BTV-158 error in trying to watch the Five Year Engagement and was told that it would be looked into and that I would not be billed.

I later got a voice message on my BT landline saying that there ghad been a technical error associated with that movie - and that it was now fixed if i would like to watch it - there was no warning that a financial penalty was being imposed.

Imagine how reassured I was with this good service.

So one week after our failed attempt we selected the movie to watch and all worked fine - retrospectively I wish we had not - but hey that's the hollywood machine.

Imagine my surprise when I see that BT have billed me twice for this movie!  Once for £2.50 (when we tried to watch it under special offer and goyt the BTV-156 error) and also £3.50 regular price.

Does BT offer compensation when they make a billing eror?

Left hand and right hand, may I introduce you?

I am prepared to pay the £2.50 as that was the price when I tried to watch the movie but your tech let you down.

WHAT REALY CONCERNS ME - is what would happens to those BT customers (possibly the elderly) who do not check their bill so thoroughly?  Will they have to pay twice for a technical failure at BT?

What kind of audit process do they use to ensure this mistake does not happen?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
kryten22uk
Contributor
Message 15 of 22

Further to my post on 13Feb when I called BT to report the issue, I got told that I would receive a call from the UK tech team in no longer than 48hrs later.  5 days later I found a message on my machine saying that they called but I was out so they'll call back.  They never did, and I didnt have the willpower to chase as it wasnt a serious thing. 

Given the above post, I checked my bill and sure enough I have been charged £3.50 for 5yr Engagement.  Pah!

To be fair, I'd have expected most companies to make this kind of billing error, so I wont pass judgement on BT exclusively for the billing error (and they resolved it very quickly after phoning up); its just quality of the on-demand service is my gripe.

0 Ratings
PJ_Maybe
Aspiring Expert
Message 16 of 22

I spoke to somone at the Indian call centre on 8th March and, after some lengthy explanation on my part,  she said she would put an immediate note on my account and that the £3.50 would be removed from my upcoming bill. 

Well a week later (nearly) and my recent usage still lists the £3.50 charge so I am losing faith in the system.

I predict further phone calls to BT on this matter.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 17 of 22

I suspect the Indian call centre have very little knowledge of the way Bt billing system works. Invariably any adjustments occur by BT applying a refund on the bill - if you are lucky it will occur on the same bill that the charge occurs although sometimes in my experience these refunds can take ages to appear.

0 Ratings
parrot
Message 18 of 22

as a bt youview trialist i encountered these error codes. i asked why it was throwing codes out whilst trying to watch on demand but werent answered, i also suggested that they make the error codes available for customers to try and make sense and solve their own problems, this was in august of 2012 and still no answer from bt.

0 Ratings
PJ_Maybe
Aspiring Expert
Message 19 of 22

Well guess what the £3.50 did appear in my bill.

Spoke to India again and they said that both charges would be removed (and credited to my next bill).

0 Ratings
PJ_Maybe
Aspiring Expert
Message 20 of 22

OK it looks like I have been refunded £3.50 in my April bill (just checked online) - this is good, but it took 3 phone calls and 2 months for it to be sorted.

There ought to be a quicker/automatic way for BT to refund for these type of errors.

As I posted above:-

"WHAT REALY CONCERNS ME - is what would happens to those BT customers (possibly the elderly) who do not check their bill so thoroughly?  Will they have to pay twice for a technical failure at BT?"

It seems the answer at the moment would be yes!

0 Ratings