Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
dmnt
Beginner
Message 1 of 20

Errors BTP-15000 and BTP-15990

When setting up the youview box and opening the BT player, I get an error code BTP-15000 (on initial setup) or BTP-15990 (when trying to open BT Player). Customer support do not know what to do and have referred it to another technical department.
A search of previous topics shows others are seeing errors BTP-15000 and BTP-15990. But none of the threads show how to solve it. It seems moderators/employees deal with each case individually. No one actually explains what the issue was (closest explaination i've seen is about accounts not linking correctly?!).

So... any lovely mods out there willing to help me?! 

For your guide... 
The youview box is connected to hub with ethernet cable. And its plugged into the 4th socket (that seemed important to technical department). I am not connected via Powerline adapters
There is no issue with the fiber connection, I am getting speeds as expected. I can also access apps in youview app, suggesting it is not an internet problem.
I have done a factory reset on the youview box
I have factory reset the hub
All youview software and apps are up to date
I can see all freeview channels. I cannot see any BT Sport channels (I am subscribed)
I cannot access the BT Player... that is when I get the error 15990. 

Forgive me but I'm gonna tag @Gemma_P directly, she seems to have single-handedly solved all of the other problems with BTP-15000 or BTP-15990

Tags (2)
0 Ratings
19 REPLIES
Message 2 of 20

Re: Errors BTP-15000 and BTP-15990

Hi @dmnt Sorry you are getting these error messages and have not been able to get this fixed.

Thanks for al the details on what you have done so far. Gemma may pick up your tag when she is next online but to be sure it is picked up please send us your details and we will be happy to ensure that this is fixed for you. You can contact us by clicking on my user name and selecting contact the mods.

Thanks
John

Community ModeratorJohnC
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Make sure you are logged into the forum otherwise you will not see our contact link when a moderator offers help. When sending us your details please don’t send a Private message (PM), we can’t deal with account/service issues via PM so please use the contact link. Thank You
0 Ratings
BT TV Expert
BT TV Expert
Message 3 of 20

Good Morning @dmnt,

I'm happy to look into this issue for you.

I'm sending you a private message for you to respond to.

Thank you,

BT TV ExpertGemma_P
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”
I am a BT Employee and an expert on TV queries. I am here volunteering my own time to give advice, and help where I can with BTTV queries. Go here for more info.
leemugford
Beginner
Message 4 of 20

Good afternoon,
I guess I'll have to jump on this very long band wagon! I too cannot get past the error btp15000 screen. What is the problem ???
Kindest regards
Lee
0 Ratings
BT TV Expert
BT TV Expert
Message 5 of 20

Hi @leemugford

I have made a change to your account. The Broadband was not linked to the TV account.

If you get a chance to retest, let me know if this has resolved.

You may need to do a factory reset on the hub to force the change through. But in most cases, this is not required.

Thank you,

BT TV ExpertGemma_P
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”
I am a BT Employee and an expert on TV queries. I am here volunteering my own time to give advice, and help where I can with BTTV queries. Go here for more info.
0 Ratings
aburchie
Message 6 of 20

Hi. I have the same error code. I am a BT Customer but the device says no I am not. 

The YouView box is connected by ethernet cable to a Mini Connector Kit where both LEDs on that decide are blue. I can see that the YouView box is receiving a boradband connection.

Factory resets on the YouView box and the BT Smart HUB have not fixed the problem.

I did see a thread that somehow the YouView box has to be associated with my account. Is that correct?

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated please.

Andy

0 Ratings
BT TV Expert
BT TV Expert
Message 7 of 20

Hi @aburchie

I have repsonded to your PM.

Let me know if service is now working. Thank you,

BT TV ExpertGemma_P
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”
aburchie
Message 8 of 20

Gemma P is a genius. 

Thank you.

Andy

aburchie
Message 9 of 20

Gemma P is a genius. 

0 Ratings
leemugford