Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sps1013
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 3

Ethernet or extension

Go to solution
Hello all

I am really tempted by BT TV and to move away from sky but have a query about how to best connect the Youview box.

Currently my HG612 is upstairs on a socket which is not the master - which is at the front door. Speed checks between the master and extension show no appreciable difference in speed or stability.

My HG612 then runs into an Apple time capsule which in turn is wirelessly linked to another time capsule in another room at the other side of the house.

I currently have no issues with connectivity on any score.

I have previously had power line in place which again works flawlessly streaming and gaming.

As my TV in my lounge is not near my master socket I can keep my current setup (although change the HG612 to the HH5 I have) to allow multicast but that would mean powerline to the Youview box from upstairs.

Or locate the HH in the living room, connecting directly from the HH into the Youview and keep my Apple routers for Wi-fi. However, doing this would mean running a length of around 9 metres of cable from my master socket to the HH. The HH at the master socket is not an option.

Are any of these solutions better, worse? Any advice would be great. Thank you.
0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 3

Re: Ethernet or extension

Go to solution

BT will supply you with a couple of mini connectors (Powerline adapters) which are compatible with BT YouView, for a discounted cost of £20, provided you order them as part of your BT Vision order.

Not all powerline adapters are compatible, but the BT ones are.

0 Ratings
sps1013
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 3

Re: Ethernet or extension

Go to solution
Ok great thank you.

hopefully they work well.
0 Ratings