cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
QoQ
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 13

Extend recordings by 5 or 10mins

On sky you can start and finish recordings to extend them by 5 or 10 mins to not miss the end.

A few of my irritants on BT box are missing the end, is this available on BT box anywhere I can't see it?

If not can it be added as an option to a future software updates please?
12 REPLIES 12
gomezz
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 13

Re: Extend recordings by 5 or 10mins

Welcome to the number one complaint about Youview. Nope, your only workaround is to record the following programme as well.
0 Ratings
TimCurtis
Recognised Expert
Message 3 of 13

This has been asked for since virtually the beginning of Youview & it's not happened yet so minimal chance for it in the future.

The only option for the programmes/events that run over or are likely to run over is to record the following programme.

0 Ratings
OldNo1
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 13

Essential for anything on Eurosport!

Keyinferno
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 13

YouView doesn't have padding and also won't in the future. YouView said that in a Q&A a few years back.

http://videos.youview.com/support/QuestionAndAnswer.pdf?_ga=1.164912383.1994453832.1479489022

0 Ratings
gomezz
Recognised Expert
Message 6 of 13

@OldNo1wrote:

Essential for anything on Eurosport!

Especially if the programme you are interested in follows live tennis in which case best to pad by an hour or two *and* also record another showing as well in case they do their oft used trick of just crashing into the middle of the following programme so as to get the schedule back on track!

0 Ratings
Highlighted
QoQ
Aspiring Expert
Message 7 of 13

Thanks for replies.

Personally why would they say won't happen? Why what is the problem? Surely the software somehow could look at whatever recording and just add extra minutes on?

Adding the next program after to cover in case maybe a work around but not really a solution. What happens if the next program is a 3 hour program, also takes away ability to then record a different program etc.

Surely BT/YouView understand this?
0 Ratings
gomezz
Recognised Expert
Message 8 of 13

1) It is too complicated for their programming team to do;

2) They have unfeasibly zealous faith in the Accurate Recording system;

3) They do not understand how annoying it is to miss the start or end of a programme.

Basically, they are just not TV people.
Keyinferno
Aspiring Expert
Message 9 of 13

A bit of a bug bear this is of mine.

Everyone talks about padding like its the Holy Grail of TV, but it isn't. I had padding on BT Vision and believe me its far from perfect and is in itself inhererently flawed.

0 Ratings
QoQ
Aspiring Expert
Message 10 of 13

Maybe but even if worked half the time better then what it is now.
0 Ratings