cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rjf87
Contributor
Message 1 of 5

Extra Box

Can I ask why there is a monthly charge for a second bt box for another TV?

I have a Roku stick for my second TV which provides the now TV subscription, bt sports and everything else provided on a second box.

Seems like BT are just being greedy asking for a second subscription rather than allow the box to be bought outright?

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
TimCurtis
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 5

Re: Extra Box

@Rjf87 

Why not just buy one off of eBay , then it's yours to keep and not on loan. I assume you don't actually want any subscription channels on this second box.

0 Ratings
garybs29
Recognised Expert
Message 3 of 5

You could ask by the same token why all other providers charge for each additional box as well then, the charge will be for the delivery of the channels via the tv guide as well & not just the box

0 Ratings
Rjf87
Contributor
Message 4 of 5

I want the subscription channels too, but my point is that I can access all of the subscription channels I get through bt through the Roku stick so can't see need for the monthly fees if it was on a bt box.

Re the point of other providers charging, sky go isn't on Roku so you would need to pay extra for the other box. Now TV is on Roku and the BT TV package is now TV. Doesn't make sense.

0 Ratings
garybs29
Recognised Expert
Message 5 of 5

I suppose if the box was bought from BT it would also have a warranty etc as well if there are any issues with it, that's all I can really think of as well

0 Ratings