cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
al19
Beginner
Message 1 of 11

Extra Channels Breaking Up

I have had a problem with my extra channels breaking up over the last couple of weeks.  I have Infinity 1, picture can break up with only 1 additional device connected to router - HH5.  I connect my Youview+ box to router with broadband extenders but problem still exists when ethernet cable connected.  Have had new extenders and Youview+ box in past week, problem still exists.  I am told that broadband speed is fine although BT are now going to reset the line at the exchange to see if that helps.

Normal TV channels and on demand are fine.  Has anyone else experienced this problem? BT have been helpful so far but are running out of possibilities of what is causing the problem.  Very frustrating.

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11

Re: Extra Channels Breaking Up

Hi @al19 Welcome to the forum and thanks for posting. As you have been told your broadband speed is fine I have moved your post to the BTTV area as this is the best are to get help. 

Cheers

John

Community ModeratorJohnC
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
al19
Beginner
Message 3 of 11

Thanks John. Would you know what might be achieved by resetting the broadband line at the exchange?
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 11

Any problems with errors on the broadband are going to cause breakup. Are phone calls clear, without any noise or crackling?

Post the stats from lines 1-12 by logging onto the homehub management pages then troubleshooting > helpdesk.

See if there is anything there that would indicate problems, like high errors, or recent disconnection.

If all those tests show no problem, then perhaps its an issue with the YouView box.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 11

@al19

Have you had chance to check your phone line and home hub, as I requested on my last post?

0 Ratings
al19
Beginner
Message 6 of 11

There seem to be a lot of packets being blocked. Doesn't mean much to me me but "spoofing protection" and "tcp reset attack is suspected" are mentioned.
0 Ratings
BT TV Expert
BT TV Expert
Message 7 of 11

Hi, I can have a more detailed look at your line over and above just speed if you like? PM me your details if so.

Steve
BT TV expertSteveM
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”Kudos”
I am a BT Employee and an expert on TV queries. I am here volunteering my own time to give advice, and help where I can with BTTV queries. Go here for more info.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 11

@al19 wrote:
There seem to be a lot of packets being blocked. Doesn't mean much to me me but "spoofing protection" and "tcp reset attack is suspected" are mentioned.

@al19

Probably best to let @Steve_M take a look at your broadband link, and see what the error rate is, as he has access to the full diagnostics.

An odd couple of errors will not show on the picture, but a high error rate would cause breakup. You would not normally notice this on normal Intenet usage, as that has error protection. Any errors would show in the home hub diagnostics.

The TCP resets could indicate a high error rate.

I assume that your phone line is quiet?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Bobbs
Contributor
Message 9 of 11

Hi Steve

im having exactly the same issues and have been since we first switched 2 weeks or so ago. I'm unable to PM you as it seems that your PM facility is not available. Could you please hel me with my issue also if it's not too much bother.

its not just with recordings but is happening with live programmes as well as my husband has just grumbled at me about the football being interrupted all the time

Bobbs

0 Ratings
BT TV Expert
BT TV Expert
Message 10 of 11

Hi Bobbs, I've just PMed you so you should be able to reply
BT TV expertSteveM
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”Kudos”
I am a BT Employee and an expert on TV queries. I am here volunteering my own time to give advice, and help where I can with BTTV queries. Go here for more info.
0 Ratings