cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Extra box advice

hi, i've been through the help and TV sections of MYBT but i'm no wiser.
my mother in law is moving into a room in our house and i'm looking into setting her up with her own TV option.

We have had a lot of work done to the room and we need to re-establish an aerial socket but i'm wondeing if an extra recordable box from BT wouldnt be a better option. 

in the FAQ's it intimates that you need an Aerial connection in the room and to be able to connect direct to your BT router? i have a couple of powerline adapters but the suggestion is that these will not work? The router is in our front room which is next to what will be her room.

Do BT have a neat solution to connecting that router that doesn't involve trailing wires? Would they re-establish the aerial socket? Would i need to improve our internet, we currently have fibre1?

thanks in advance

J

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Extra box advice

Hi @Johannis welcome to the community and thanks for posting. You would need an ariel socket and you can use compatible powerline adapters with the BT TV Box Z4, we recommend using BT Mini connectors. You can arrange an ariel socket install and the mini connectors as part of the order journey.

What do I need to get Extra Box?

• Fibre broadband with speeds of 23Mbps or more
  • An Extra Box subscription
  • Two BT TV Boxes - both connected to your Hub via Ethernet or Mini Connectors
  • A separate aerial connection for your second box. We can help if you need an aerial or additional connection points.

Order Extra Box >

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

morning @NeilO thanks for the advice. If the powerline connectors work then this seems like a viable solution.

when i click the link to order it offers me upgrades to the TV package but not an extra box. i'm struggling to find a section where this is obviously orderable, am i being dim?

thanks, J

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

@Johannis 

It really all depends on what you need for the new room.

If you don't need the BT subscription channels then why not just buy a Youview box off of eBay , probably some that are still unboxed available. Or a new Manhattan T3R or a Panasonic HWT150/250 which are both much simpler to use.

Don't misunderstand @NeilO post. You still need an aerial to run any of these units. The powerline adapters are just for internet connection.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

@Johannis I'm sorry it's not giving you the option to order from the link. I'd recommend giving the sales team a call on 0800 800 150 and they'll be able to sort that for you.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings