Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Giloas
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

Extra channels not working bt have no clue on customer service

I've recently done a home move with my bt package my install date was the 24th of march everything including youview this went smoothly with bt sport and subscribed channels working fine then suddenly on the 3rd of April my bt sport channels and extra channels such as animal planet etc were no longer working, on demand bt player just gives me an advert to subscribe as do the other subscription channels, tv channel players like 4od work tho and I have had no problem with the internet working fine with the youview box saying it is connected.i managed to watch bt sport on my laptop even. In my belief the box is not downloading the right software to enable channels subscribed to.
I've done countless software updates and resets including factory reset to no avail. I've contacted bt 4 times already twice told there may be a problem with my account after going through ages of checks then the promise of it working in 48 hrs time to no avail, promises of call backs but these never happened. It just seems with there customer service checklist they can't resolve my problem and no one will take ownership of my problem, there now gonna send an engineer out to look at the line this better not cost me. I doubt this is the issue with it working fine before sounds more likely to be an account error to me after the home move but when logging in to my bt everything seems to look ok.
Has anyone had a similar issue or advice at all? I really doubt the ability of bt to resolve this after dealing with the lies and completely different answers from the bt call centre.
Please help!!
Thanks
0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Extra channels not working bt have no clue on customer service

@Giloas I'm really sorry about the issues with your BT TV channels and I would like to apologise for the length of time this has been going on. This can happen for different reasons such as an account error or an orders problem but these are generally easy to pick up on and diagnose. Alternatively it could be a fault with the BT TV service or even the broadband connection even if it's working ok for normal internet browsing.

If you contact our BT TV chat team they should be able to update you further.

Thanks

Neil

Community ModeratorNeilO
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
Giloas
Beginner
Message 3 of 5

No luck with the chat team to resolve, apparently an engineer came out yesterday to look at the box outside my home but did not call me to let me know the outcome even with the promise that would happen and a text message giving the time frame they would call, feeling utterly let down now with the little correspondence on who is taking care of and fixing the issue which I am still 100% sure is a problem there end with account info etc, not impressed at all. Does anyone know a number to speak directly to an accounts team in the uk? Tired of going through an hrs worth of checks every time and getting the same script.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Hi @Giloas Sorry you have been let down and your not getting your service. 

We are very busy at the moment and you would get a quicker response via the chat link posted above. However if you are willing to wait we will be more than happy to help you if you send us your details. You can contact us by clicking on my user name and selecting contact the mods.

Thanks
John

Community ModeratorJohnC
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
kerbydog
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 5

I'm afraid BT customer services are very bad and break lots of promises to get back in touch with you, Both on the phone and on live chat. You are best getting help from the Mods on here as they do try and help you.

0 Ratings