cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jillyates1
Beginner
Message 1 of 6

Extra channels not working

My BT tv and fibre broadband was activated 2 days ago however I can't access my extra channels. Each time I get a message saying I need to set the channels up and to press ok if I want to do this now. Once I press okay I get a message saying I am not subscribed to these channels however I have purchased a you view box with the entertainment package and BT sports.

I have spoken to someone on the live chat who repeatedly told me it could take ten days for the channels to activate however all the information I have read on the BT website says I should have access after 24 hours. There was no reasons given as to why it was not working.

I have done everything suggested - accessed BT to player to prompt the box to check my subscription, restarted the box and reset the box but nothing seems to be working. The broadband is also working when i am attempting to access the channels

I have also spoken to the call centre who just said after ten days it 'would be working perfectly'. I asked for my subscription to be checked to ensure there wasn't a problem but operator would not do this, I asked to speak to someone higher but was not put through

I am paying for these channels (bar sports) and so I want to be able to watch them.

Any help would be much appreciated
0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
ascendotuum
Beginner
Message 2 of 6

Re: Extra channels not working

I have had exactly the same issue since going live two weeks ago, spent hours doing pointless resets as asked to by the call centre, none of which have got the channels working and they eventually said give it an hour and it will work.

My subscription is fine as can watch the channels on the BT sport app etc and watch it on my telly via Chromecast but this defeats the object.

And the box gets internet fine as can watch all the catchup apps like iplayer or boxed set on BT players.

Any advice out there?

0 Ratings
BT TV Expert
BT TV Expert
Message 3 of 6

Hi both,

If you PM your telephone number I will look into this for you.

Thanks

Gavin

0 Ratings
mrslloyd
Beginner
Message 4 of 6

I have the same issue and still no resolution. I've had an engineer attend who advised its due to having Fibre to the home?!! Please help.

Many thanks
Adele
0 Ratings
BT TV Expert
BT TV Expert
Message 5 of 6

Hi Adele,

Please PM your telephone number and I will look into this issue for you.

Thanks

Gavin 

0 Ratings
themusclebeach
Beginner
Message 6 of 6

I have exactly the same problem, BT TV doesn't work as it says i'm not subscribed, also BT sport channels on my youview box don't work.

BT have confirmed i'm subscribed to BT Sport and i'm being charged, the BT Sport works on app and internet but not on the TV.

Is it possible someone can have a look? BT have even said that they can see an issue with the subscription that hasn't gone through properly....

0 Ratings