cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
aurichie
Contributor
Message 61 of 393

Re: FOX TV channel ending on BT TV

Yes recordings won't work once the channel ceases broadcasting.

0 Ratings
Keith75
Aspiring Expert
Message 62 of 393

Looks like I have a lot of catching up to do in the next few weeks.
I hope BT have something up their sleeve as regards new channels, because right now when my contract is up i am off.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 63 of 393

And I don't suppose this will allow cancellation of the contract

BTLife | 1967 Plus Radio | 1000 Classical Hits
Someone Solved Your Question?
Please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
Helpful Post?
If a post has been helpful, say thanks by clicking the ratings star.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Chadwick45
Aspiring Contributor
Message 64 of 393

So I wonder when BT will inform everyone officially?

Or are they just hoping most people won't notice.

Quite a loss to their subscription package, was one of the main reasons I originally took the extra channels. I guess I'll be stuck with a load of channels I don't watch, until my contract expires and I can cancel. 

0 Ratings
moonie2014
Aspiring Expert
Message 65 of 393

It was one advisor that confirmed the closure on twitter,  how many times have we called bt or spoke to them via chat and they have given us wrong information.

The reasons iam not 100% convinced by all this are nothing on the bt website, nothing from any of the mods on here, nothing on the youview website, nothing on the bt plc press release site ( http://www.btplc.com/news/#/pressreleases/tag/tv and  plusnet have said they no nothing about it.

Not saying its not true but i dont think we are getting the full story

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 66 of 393

@stuartrogerson wrote:

Well this is what BT communicated last year when announcinmg their September price rises.

TV: We've changed our terms. Sometimes we may switch you to an equivalent subscription pack of channels and tell you beforehand. But if the new one costs more, and you don't want to pay the extra, we'll let you end your TV contract with no fee for leaving early. And occasionally we may withdraw channels and tell you straight afterward. But if we think losing a channel will mean you end up paying more for less, we'll let you end your TV contract with no fee for leaving early.

0 Ratings
pwwhitehead
Aspiring Expert
Message 67 of 393

I spoke to customer retention team as considering going back to Sky. The price of BT TV with Netflix to pad out the content is not much cheaper than Sky. Adviser advised that Fox is available until 29th February then it's gone. Shame BT only invested serious money into Sports content and not general entertainment. I can get BT Sport for a fiver as broadband customer with better general content elsewhere. Real miss by BT. Shame really.

0 Ratings
Telecom89
Recognised Expert
Message 68 of 393

@zulu17 wrote:

@stuartrogerson wrote:

Well this is what BT communicated last year when announcinmg their September price rises.

TV: We've changed our terms. Sometimes we may switch you to an equivalent subscription pack of channels and tell you beforehand. But if the new one costs more, and you don't want to pay the extra, we'll let you end your TV contract with no fee for leaving early. And occasionally we may withdraw channels and tell you straight afterward. But if we think losing a channel will mean you end up paying more for less, we'll let you end your TV contract with no fee for leaving early.

So they key words there are 'if we think..' 🙂

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 69 of 393

Well Fox is one of must have channels and I'm not just saying that for effect 

BTLife | 1967 Plus Radio | 1000 Classical Hits
Someone Solved Your Question?
Please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
Helpful Post?
If a post has been helpful, say thanks by clicking the ratings star.
0 Ratings
olgitnorm
Contributor
Message 70 of 393

If you get your gas or electric from npower you can get a free three month now tv entertainment pass through their website which will at least see you through the walking dead season....won't help many of you I know, but might help some!

0 Ratings