cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
malekjaber
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 10

Factory Reset BT TV box model: DB-T2200/BT/DF

Please advise the steps to perform a Factory Reset for a BT TV box model: DB-T2200/BT/DF ?

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Telecom89
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 10

Re: Factory Reset BT TV box model: DB-T2200/BT/DF

I assume this is a YouView box. If so see:

https://support.youview.com/articles/Self_Service_FAQ/How-do-I-perform-a-maintenance-mode-recovery-1...

This should allow you do a reset.

0 Ratings
malekjaber
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 10

Thanks but I've tried this. Unfortunality it does not work, as I get Error E001 after the (Y/N) prompt and unable to get the factory reset menu. 

0 Ratings
Telecom89
Recognised Expert
Message 4 of 10

@malekjaber wrote:

Thanks but I've tried this. Unfortunality it does not work, as I get Error E001 after the (Y/N) prompt and unable to get the factory reset menu. 

I saw your other posting: https://community.bt.com/t5/YouView-Boxes/Error-E001-INVALID-SYSTEM-ID/td-p/1528611

It looks as though this could mean that this box isn't going to work:

See: https://community.youview.com/youview/topics/cannot_enter_maintenance_mode_boot_fail_invalid_signatu...

and: https://community.youview.com/youview/topics/youview-boot-fail-invalid-signature

Was it supplied by BT?

0 Ratings
malekjaber
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 10

Yes the box was supplied by BT. It had been working for only 25 days since from it's delivery date, until yesterday when this Error E001 appear upon switching it on. 

0 Ratings
Telecom89
Recognised Expert
Message 6 of 10

@malekjaber wrote:

Yes the box was supplied by BT. It had been working for only 25 days since from it's delivery date, until yesterday when this Error E001 appear upon switching it on. 

You are going to have to get in touch with BT.

Before you do try: http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/49726

and select ' My BT TV box has stopped working and isn't responding'

and take a note as you go through that of exact error message shown/status of lights on front of box/etc. that it gets you to check.

Assuming that doesn't work you should then get in touch with BT:

If you follow the 'contact us' link shown at the top of the page and then select 'problem with my service' and then 'problem with BT TV' and go via that link for a live chat or a call.

From what you have said it does seem like the box is faulty so I hope you get this fixed/replaced.

0 Ratings
malekjaber
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 10

Thanks. Those web pages does not help to resolve the issue. 

I believe the BT TV is EOL (End of Life) due to a extremley poor S/W and H/W design as it only lasted 25 days. 

BT has already been contact - they will send out an engineer on 7th with a new box.

The question is how long will the next box last? My expectation is the same problem will occur again with new boxes. As I suspect there is a major S/W and/or H/W design issue with this build/version of the BT TV youview box. 

0 Ratings
zarf2007
Aspiring Expert
Message 8 of 10

@malekjaber wrote:

Thanks. Those web pages does not help to resolve the issue. 

I believe the BT TV is EOL (End of Life) due to a extremley poor S/W and H/W design as it only lasted 25 days. 

BT has already been contact - they will send out an engineer on 7th with a new box.

The question is how long will the next box last? My expectation is the same problem will occur again with new boxes. As I suspect there is a major S/W and/or H/W design issue with this build/version of the BT TV youview box. 

just because this happened with your box it doesnt mean there is a design issue....a certain number of electronic devices will always fail due to the sheer number they manufacture. It would be exactly the same if you bought a new TV or computer etc.... its annoying when it happens to you but thats life.

0 Ratings
malekjaber
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 10

It's all about perception and perspective, and this is my viewpoint as a customer. 

Furthermore, The UX of the BT Box when it was working for the first 25 days was dreadful, it's slow to startup, and slow to respond to request in general. I suggest you compare it with a the Amazon or Apple TV box and it will be very quickly apparent that a signicant amount of improvement is needed in addition to the realiable of the box that fails after 25 days. 

As a customer I've taken the time to provide feedback here. It's upto BT to decide to listen and take this insight to heart.

0 Ratings
zarf2007
Aspiring Expert
Message 10 of 10

@malekjaber wrote:

It's all about perception and perspective, and this is my viewpoint as a customer. 

Furthermore, The UX of the BT Box when it was working for the first 25 days was dreadful, it's slow to startup, and slow to respond to request in general. I suggest you compare it with a the Amazon or Apple TV box and it will be very quickly apparent that a signicant amount of improvement is needed in addition to the realiable of the box that fails after 25 days. 

As a customer I've taken the time to provide feedback here. It's upto BT to decide to listen and take this insight to heart.

Then you obviously had a faulty box from the start as I have no such issues with the speed of the UI on my UHD box. I've compared it to Apple TV & Amazon TV and the speed is fine in comparison. You sound like an Amazon reviewer who gives the item 1 star because it arrived defective, hardly a rounded view.

0 Ratings