Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 191 of 535

Re: Failed to Record

Go to solution

Good job guys!  Unlike many here who like to moan and scream “compensation”, I don’t think 2 months is very long at all to track down a problem with so many variables and so little information to go on.  It took Humax longer than that to even reply to a similar problem I had with their 9200 and 9300 PVR.   WELL DONE

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 192 of 535

Go to solution

I'd love to know why after years of no such issues it suddenly appeared on ALL software versions of Humax Youview boxes.

I can't imagine getting a fix for my 2 ultra boxes that will allow them to stay on 26.40 & 26.41.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 193 of 535

Go to solution

Hi David_H.  My box failed to record French F1 last night (Channel 4 - series record set).  I note your latest posting is today and suggests the problem might now be fixed.  Like other postings failed recodings are frustrating.  What's the point of a recorder that doesn't record.  My older Humax box never failed to record in 7 years.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 194 of 535

Go to solution

Hi @TonyMounsey

Clearly nobody wants failed recordings, and I think everyone can understand the frustrations of waiting for a fix. But like the BT Whole Home issues its not always as easy to find the issue and fix it when it is not effecting everyone or every box type.

We are asking the boxes to do more than they did 7 years ago, gettings more features and updates means more chance of issues. And no matter how much testing gets done before a release (and its alot)  the odd thing still slip through..At least getting updates now from @David_H should help keep everyone updated on whats happening.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 195 of 535

Go to solution

Emmerdale failed for me tonight. Now having to suffer watching it on catch up which is non HD and even worse suffer all the rubbish ads that catch up insist you watch before and during 😞 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 196 of 535

Go to solution

@TimCurtiswrote:

I'd love to know why after years of no such issues it suddenly appeared on ALL software versions of Humax Youview boxes..

Could be that there was change to the transmission stream that was outside the spec the Youview software was expecting.  That would be a classic case of software not adequately discriminating between trusted data and non-trusted data which needs to be checked rigourously for conformance.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 197 of 535

Go to solution

@gomezzwrote:

@TimCurtiswrote:

I'd love to know why after years of no such issues it suddenly appeared on ALL software versions of Humax Youview boxes..

Could be that there was change to the transmission stream that was outside the spec the Youview software was expecting.  That would be a classic case of software not adequately discriminating between trusted data and non-trusted data which needs to be checked rigourously for conformance.

That's probably correct. And it appears to be a trigger issue which hasn't affected everyone.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 198 of 535

Go to solution
Need to look at which channels, which programmes and which transmitters to see if there is a pattern.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 199 of 535

Go to solution

Not convinced about the transmission stream suggestion as

a. No other boxes seem affected, only Humax Youview

b. IPTV channels seem also to be affected.

Why would the transmission stream suddenly have changed though would be my question?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 200 of 535

Go to solution
Guess that is suggested as a Freeview retune coincided with the start of the problems
But agree that would not affect the IPTV channels
0 Ratings