Did you mean: 
Jim-lad
Expert
Message 211 of 535

Re: Failed Recording

Go to solution

@Nland-Knightwrote:

And therin lies the rub Jim Lad.

I should really sit down and think about whether all the malfunctioning hassle we had throughout the first 6 months of my BT TV contract, along with this latest mega-glitch, is actually worth the not inconsiderable saving we made switching from Sky to BT in the first place.

To be honest with you we all have to make those sorts of decisions.  What I would say in BTs defence is this is the first real glitch we have had since taking out BT TV two years ago.  Now I know there's been fierce debate about the new U.I. and lost features, though that can't really be classed as an operating fault.

All the PVR makers are now going down the 'tile route' and although I wasn't a fan at first I think now some 12 months down the line that I actually prefer it.  Certainly Humax have gone/going down this route with their retail boxes.

BT is definitely much cheaper than a Sky subscription which for me is a huge plus.

0 Ratings
David_H
BT TV Expert
Message 212 of 535

Go to solution

Hi folks. Some further good news along with the weather, football and cricket (other channels are available).

We've got positive results from all the testing we have been running on the recording failure fix candidate. That means we're now able to move to the next stage and field test the production candidate (same fix minus log fluff). Just how long that phase will be is a hot topic as we're very aware of how long the issue has been running but equally need to know the production fix does what it needs to without any other surprises, so we have full confidence sending it out.

I'll make sure we continue to keep you updated. 

thanks,

David

normanivison
Aspiring Contributor
Message 213 of 535

Go to solution

It really has been a saga David. Have you any idea how long this next, unexpected stage will take? Who do we need to talk to in order to get some compensation for lack of service, bearing in mind the fairly hogh cost of the service? Hope you manage to get this solved soon. 

0 Ratings
Rockintone
Contributor
Message 214 of 535

Go to solution

I would have to disagree on two points, this is not the first real glitch with BT Vision/youview the failed recording thing has been ongoing for sometime.  With regards to cheaper than Sky, it depends on your package but I would say that price wise they are on a par now.  I  pay £78/month fot BT max, phone (anytime calls)  and 52mb fibre and subcribe to now tv which adds another £8. *Edited by Mod*looking to move when sky go dishless with sky Q later this year/early next.

0 Ratings
Jim-lad
Expert
Message 215 of 535

Go to solution

@Rockintone

£41.49 which is for the 80/20 unlimited BB, weekend calls, BT TV (not UHD) and BT Mobile.  I get 600 mins on the mobile so don't really need landline calls.  What's not to like.

There's no way I would ever contemplate paying BT, Sky, Virgin or anyone else the amount of money you are forking out.  

0 Ratings
Krisb60
Aspiring Contributor
Message 216 of 535

Go to solution

I pay £55 per month  for BT landline, caller display, call protect, 50mb broadband, BT sport, 2 mobiles with 6gb data, unlimited calls and texts

0 Ratings
Dean007
Recognised Expert
Message 217 of 535

Go to solution

@normanivison

As @David_H,  has said the next phase of testing will be completed as soon as it can. A candidate is normally tested internally then externally to ensure that it works across all boxes with everyday use and without any futher issue. I think its prudent of BT not to over promise on a time scale until they are absoultly sure that the update is solid but within the fastes time they can.

0 Ratings
Bajarnold
Beginner
Message 218 of 535

Go to solution
How long must we wait before this is sorted!? BT customer services do not acknowledge this fault which means we are all paying for a service that does not work!
0 Ratings
Jim-lad
Expert
Message 219 of 535

Go to solution

@Bajarnoldwrote:
How long must we wait before this is sorted!? BT customer services do not acknowledge this fault which means we are all paying for a service that does not work!

BT customer services are just call handlers reading from a script.  If you go back a few posts you will note that we have had an update post from the technical team who state they have found the issue and a fix is in the final testing stage.  They have to do this to ensure the update doesn't have an unintended consequence and break something else.

We will just have to be patient a little while longer. 

0 Ratings
gomezz
Recognised Expert
Message 220 of 535

Go to solution
Which is exactly what call handlers should be telling customers rather giving them the brush off.
0 Ratings