Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Expert
Message 241 of 535

Re: Failed Recording

Go to solution
Yep, realised that I was still watching the recording at the end of the News ! Confused me I tell thee !
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 242 of 535

Go to solution
Don't mean to tempt fate but for the past couple of days my box has recorded everything. No missed recordings. Going from everything being failed for weeks to everything recording makes you think something is going on somewhere. Could just be tempting fate here though with this comment lol.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 243 of 535

Go to solution

@baileysqueenwrote:
Don't mean to tempt fate but for the past couple of days my box has recorded everything. No missed recordings. Going from everything being failed for weeks to everything recording makes you think something is going on somewhere. Could just be tempting fate here though with this comment lol.

I know what you mean.

When you think of what possible changes have been made recently namely

.Freeview Re-tune

.Software updates

Both these can be ruled out as the cause as not all areas had retunes but were still affected as were IPTV channels and my OldGen boxes had the same problem with failures.

That left me with 2 thoughts:-

.Some inherent base firmware issue with Humax boxes or

.Youview central server changes as that prevented the Youview enhanced EPG from being updated properly and we know that the EPG has failed to update as that's been reported recently.

The original YV boxes , the T1's were based very much on the Humax HDR Fox T2 & I'd suspect that the base firmware wasn't changed much when the T1's were created.

My money for a while now has been on something at Youview's end being changed or failing.  I sincerely hope this is the problem otherwise my Ultra boxes on OldGen - which I very much prefer - will continue to be unreliable.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 244 of 535

Re: Failed recordings

Go to solution

I had just posted this as a new thread and then saw your post...

I have our BT YouView set to record all F1 programmes on C4. Recently if it is a 'Highlights' weekend all the programmes over the three days record fine but when it is a live race the Practice and Qualifying record fine but the race buildup, race and post race all show as 'fail to record'. Very annoying especially as the Live Race isn't available on catch up! Any ideas, all programmes show in the scheduled recordings and there are no other recordings set for the same time.

Also I often set a programme to record, for example Poldark last night and then it reords it twice - once on BBC South East and once on BBC London. This can also be annoying especially if another programme is set to reord at the same time.

Any ideas please?

Jane

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 245 of 535

Go to solution

@Yardgirlwrote:

Also I often set a programme to record, for example Poldark last night and then it reords it twice - once on BBC South East and once on BBC London. This can also be annoying especially if another programme is set to reord at the same time.

Any ideas please?

Jane

I've had this in the past albeit very infrequently.

It could be that the signal strength from 2 transmitters is  high so the box struggles to differentiate between the 2 when tuning in. I was able to temporarily insert an attentuator between the box & the TV aerial to reduce the signal strength hoping to basically block out one of the transmitters when tuning so not to have 2 BBC 1 channels like 001 & 803. This way when the tuning has completed you might not be asked what region you want and then the 800 channel won't be present.

Hopefully I've made clear what I mean.

A 12dB attenuator would be a good start.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 246 of 535

Go to solution

Well to top it all, just gone to watch Emmerdale from tonight which I have on series record and it is not there in th elist of recordings. Go to "scheduled" and now we have NO schedule recordings. Everything we had scheduled to record has disappeared. Only switched to BT TV a few months ago but what we are experiencing is just not good at all.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 247 of 535

Go to solution

@wendymurray3wrote:

Well to top it all, just gone to watch Emmerdale from tonight which I have on series record and it is not there in th elist of recordings. Go to "scheduled" and now we have NO schedule recordings. Everything we had scheduled to record has disappeared. Only switched to BT TV a few months ago but what we are experiencing is just not good at all.

Some of the issues are likely to be an ongoing Youview problem which from recent posts by BT staff look as though may be resolved in the very near future.

The other problem which another poster has mentioned is you appear to be receiving programmes from two transmitters.  This is not a good thing as the tuner in the Youview box will not be able to differentiate between the two signals.

Youview has put out a bulletin on their website about reception issues due to the ongoing warm weather.  High pressure can play havoc with TV signals and what we are getting at the moment is exceptional.  This will affect all terrestrial hardware, not just Youview and can cause transmitter crossover.  One thing no one is able to do is control the weather.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 248 of 535

Go to solution

I have the 2 transmitters problem sometines with duplicate recordings. What seems to happen with mine is that I'll set a series record for BBC1 (west) and it will record for several weeks without issue, then somehow behind the scenes the series link switches to BBC1 (Oxford) then disappears from my scheduled recordings list in Mytv, and doesn't show as a scheduled recording in the guide. So I set a new series record and end up with duplicates, the only way I've found to get rid of the scheduled recording from the wrong transmitter is to select a third show to record at the same time, then when I get the popup telling me I have to cancel an existing scheduled recording I can get rid of the duplicate.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 249 of 535

Go to solution

And 2 more failed recordings last night, Corrie on ITV and Inside the American Embassy on C4 , the box was on and the signal was fine.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 250 of 535

Go to solution

For those that had peculiarities with BBC 1 recordings on    the Sunday  1 July  9:00pm to 10:30pm period  I had a series recording set for Poldark  on BBC1 HD from Crystal Palace transmitters on a non Youview PVR using AR.

That non Youview box recorded Poldark from its start at 9pm and continued for 90 minutes so the following programme (News) was included in the Poldark recording. So it is highly probable that the issues at that time are due to the BBC.

0 Ratings