Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jim-lad
Expert
Message 331 of 535

Re: Failed Recording

Go to solution
Last night I made sure the Youview box was left on Channel 4. My reasoning being that if the box was left on the channel on which the next recording was due to take place following wake up from SMART standby this may prevent a recording failure.

Well it made not a tat worth of difference - that's right, another day another two episodes of Frasier failed to record.
0 Ratings
gomezz
Recognised Expert
Message 332 of 535

Go to solution

Are you checking the EPG to make sure those episodes are marked to be recorded?

0 Ratings
Jim-lad
Expert
Message 333 of 535

Go to solution

@gomezzwrote:

Are you checking the EPG to make sure those episodes are marked to be recorded?

Absolutley, and if I switch on the box whilst they should be recording the recordings will start.  Frasier is on every morning. 

0 Ratings
nce
Message 334 of 535

failed recordings

Go to solution

I keep getting a message saying @Failed to record @ on my regular recordings and I don't know why?

0 Ratings
artemis213
Message 335 of 535

Go to solution

I've started having the exact same issue, and it was also with episodes of Frasier. Two episodes last Sunday and two again this morning. The box is otherwise working fine, but random recordings just "fail" suddenly. Never had this problem before

0 Ratings
artemis213
Message 336 of 535

Re: failed recordings

Go to solution

Yes, I've just started getting this in the past week or so as well

0 Ratings
Jim-lad
Expert
Message 337 of 535

Go to solution

I've now set SMART standby to begin at 01:00 am and finish at 01:00 am.  Whether that will help with this issue remains to be seen.

On another note, BT contacted me about this issue as I have given them notice to quit once my contract expires.  Guess what they said?  They had absolutely no knowledge of this issue and I'm the only person that's complained about this.

I gave them short shrift and commented on the fact their own technical people are working on a solution which CS claim to have know knowledge of makes a bad situation worse and is a dreadful example both of customer service and the organisation as a whole.

0 Ratings
Kev1979
Beginner
Message 338 of 535

Go to solution
I’ve been having problems since April too. I have two DTR-T2100 boxes and my partner also has one. We’ve seen the exact same problems with failed recordings on all boxes. It’s becoming rather frustrating that it’s been this long without a solution found. My contract ends soon so unfortunately I think it could be goodbye BT TV
0 Ratings
TimCurtis
Recognised Expert
Message 339 of 535

Go to solution

@Jim-lad

When I tried to cancel my FREE BT Sport recently I was asked why so I explained the issues we're having but CS seemed to know nothing about it & wanted to transfer me to Tech Support. Obviously didn't bother with that.

You'd think that a cummincations company would communicate with their front line staff when there are such significant issues like these failed recordings.

It's the same when you cancel BT TV , you're told you must return the box , it won't work afterwards etc etc..

0 Ratings
Highlighted
BT TV Expert
BT TV Expert
Message 340 of 535

Go to solution

Hi everyone, as I've mentioned previously the recording failure fix is in trial at the moment and we're pushing forward as quickly and securely as we can to get this out the door and on the way to you.  With early checks from the trial base coming in now, I'm confident that we will start getting the fix out to you starting next week as part of the H31.28.0  release and will keep you posted on how that's going.

thanks

David

BT TV expertDavid
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
I am a BT Employee and an expert on TV queries. I am here volunteering my own time to give advice, and help where I can with BTTV queries. Go here for more info.