Jim-lad
Expert
Message 371 of 535

Re: Failed Recording

Go to solution

@Stevek1311wrote:

@TimCurtiswrote:

Can you give examples?

I've experienced some on  a Panasonic & a Humax HDR-Fox T2 but they were exclusively because of the schedule changes for the World Cup where the device wasn't handling those changes too well.

Over at the Humax forum there are threads called Recording Failure, A week of Failed Recordings and How can I trust my 5000T all with convergent descriptions

Well one of the issues was related to 'padding' and the possibility of a momentary power outage, whilst the other related to the poster being adamant the fault wasn't at his end but eventually accepting it appeared a series link had been accidentally deleted.

I don't see how either of these 'everyday issues' are related in any way to a 'known issue' with the Youview platform which both BT and Youview acknowledge as being 'real' and a 'culprit' identified?

0 Ratings
JohnKelly
Aspiring Expert
Message 372 of 535

Go to solution

37 pages from April to the present day.

Without going through all of these is there a fix identified? I have annoyingly had lots of random failed recordings and it seems to be getting worse. Luckily we can use catch up but it's not an ideal solution at all.

Thanks

0 Ratings
Highlighted
TimCurtis
Recognised Expert
Message 373 of 535

Go to solution

@JohnKellywrote:

37 pages from April to the present day.

Without going through all of these is there a fix identified? I have annoyingly had lots of random failed recordings and it seems to be getting worse. Luckily we can use catch up but it's not an ideal solution at all.

Thanks

Yes there is.

So far it's been released for the T1000 boxes with the others to follow shortly, whatever that means.

In the past software releases have been phased so a roll-out for a particular box could take a month or more , but hopefully once they start on the more modern units they'll push the updates a bit faster. Personally I wouldn't expect to see the roll-out completed before the end of August. I do say that very much hoping to be proved wrong.

Krisb60
Aspiring Contributor
Message 374 of 535

Go to solution

My T1000 still failing - what is the latest software version number?

0 Ratings
Stevek1311
Expert
Message 375 of 535

Go to solution

@Krisb60wrote:

My T1000 still failing - what is the latest software version number?

Depends what box you have, so far it is not being rolled out to BT supplied boxes (ie only to 'Humax Retail') - https://support.youview.com/youview-box/software-updates/humax-software-update-29-105-0

See also  https://support.youview.com/youview-box/software-updates/latest-software-versions 

0 Ratings
Jim-lad
Expert
Message 376 of 535

Go to solution

Well now on day 7 using SMART standby on at 01:00 and off again at 01:00. So far no failed recordings (touch wood) which believe me is a record for my box. Perhaps the 'naysayers' who thought this would make no difference may want to think again?

0 Ratings
Stevek1311
Expert
Message 377 of 535

Go to solution

@Jim-ladwrote:

Well now on day 7 using SMART standby on at 01:00 and off again at 01:00. So far no failed recordings (touch wood) which believe me is a record for my box. Perhaps the 'naysayers' who thought this would make no difference may want to think again?

Perhaps BT and YouView who seem to think they have no obligation to pass on such advice to the many YV users that aren't active here should think again

0 Ratings
TimCurtis
Recognised Expert
Message 378 of 535

Go to solution

Well for the past almost 3 weeks now I've blocked my boxes - a T4000 on 26.41 & a T2100 on 29.53 - from accessing the internet between 11pm & 2pm , with my first recordings starting at 1:15pm (Home&Away on C5) and guess what?

No failings what-so-ever.

On another T4000 on 26.40 there's no blocking and that been running for the past week , again with no failures.

On both T4000 I've also set them to record Frasier every morning as @Jim-lad was having issues with this. Been just fine.

All seems very odd to me.

0 Ratings
berno
Contributor
Message 379 of 535

Go to solution

Yet another failed recording today.

Home and Away Channel 5HD 1:15 pm set to series record.

Where is the so called fix???

0 Ratings
Jim-lad
Expert
Message 380 of 535

Go to solution

@bernowrote:

Yet another failed recording today.

Home and Away Channel 5HD 1:15 pm set to series record.

Where is the so called fix???

My little 'fix' appears to have cured the failed recording issue - 9 days and still no failures.

0 Ratings