Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Keyinferno
Aspiring Expert
Message 431 of 535

Re: Failed Recording

Go to solution

Name me one platform thats worse than YouView.

0 Ratings
westone
Aspiring Contributor
Message 432 of 535

Go to solution
Keyinferno. Have some vision man.
TimCurtis
Recognised Expert
Message 433 of 535

Go to solution

I regularly follow this thread and contribute to it but the last couple of pages have nothing to do with the thread topic & I'm surprised & a little disappointed that a mod hasn't stepped in as has previously happened.

It would also be nice for another update from one of the BT TV guys.

cooperman
Aspiring Expert
Message 434 of 535

Go to solution
Totally agree Tim, now way off topic and not at all helpful to it. Perhaps the main protagonists could start their own thread to continue their meaningless subject.
0 Ratings
Jim-lad
Expert
Message 435 of 535

Go to solution

@Keyinfernowrote:

YouView, in your opinion, is quite clearly the worst TV concept ever conceived by God or Man. 

I can think of a few worse, but there you go, we're both entitiled to our opinion. 

Name me one platform thats worse than YouView.

As others have remarked this is way off topic.

I don't believe I have intimated that Youview is the worst TV concept or anything like that.  I merely remarked that I haven't been happy with the length of time it's taken to resolve the failed recordings issue, plus given I don't pay for any of BTs premium channels I see little merit in continuing to pay a subscription.

I did say I would probably continue to use the Youview box albeit in retail mode.

Perhaps now I've made this clear - again, we can get back to the main reason for the threads existence?

Still not got the update on my box.

0 Ratings
RobbieMac
Message 436 of 535

Go to solution

Hi guys,

Having reviewed the last couple of pages I have to agree with @TimCurtis and @cooperman on this one.  Can we keep the discussion in line with the thread topic please?

If you'd like to discuss anything else feel free to create a thread in the relevant board.

Cheers,

Robbie

Rockintone
Contributor
Message 437 of 535

Go to solution
Agree lets keep it on topic. We do need an update on the roll out of the software update though. Last night two failed recordings again. Only a 50% success rate on successful recordings for me over last few weeks which is shocking. Can we please have a official statement on this. O can't be the only one who is seriously considering dumping this?
0 Ratings
Jim-lad
Expert
Message 438 of 535

Go to solution

I say again for the benefit of others.  My box has been rock solid since changing the SMART standby times - no failures in the last 10 days.

0 Ratings
berno
Contributor
Message 439 of 535

Go to solution
@Jim-lad,
Unfortunately your fix did not work for me. I have had two failed recordings since changing my settings a couple of days ago. ☹️
I’m glad it worked for you though.
0 Ratings
Jim-lad
Expert
Message 440 of 535

Go to solution
I'm not sure what Sarah is referring to in her post on the Youview forum -
Hi John,

I double checked this and the boxes are indeed on 29.58.0 rather than 31.24.0 so I apologise for that mistake, I've now updated the software table to show the correct software currently available for the box. Once the update is available for the BT Retail boxes, we'll post on here.

Thanks,
Sarah

I can confirm my box is on 31.24. I'm assuming the update fix is 31.28, is this correct?
0 Ratings